• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this phone a Utopia of Apps or will it not exist?

Fine69

Android Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2010
I want a phone that plays music flawlessly so when im stuck somewhere and wanted to listen to tunes or my imsomnia is kicking my butt music can calm the savage beast. This what I would have on my phone.

Recently my G2X bricked third one so after finally calling tech support. Its working again but heres the problem I starts adding apps to it I like it starts having problems. I swear its heat related anyhow. I was getting horrible battety life thinking maybe I need to get a replacement battery, but using my phone normally some texts, balance checking and scheduling appts yesterday on a fresh charge just for fun I checked the up time on the phone by the time it was at 31% it had 37 hours on it. holy crap my battery is back but my phone is a terd of interest to me. So Tomorrow Im getting a negotiated in between plan upgrade reaplcement a HTC Amaze 4G.

Heres the apps I want on my phone and do they exist..

I want to wake up in the morning turn my phone on and see all the latest feeds from android sites like this and phone dog and other android news sites all in one folder. I then also want to see whats going on in the world in the other and the US in another and money in another. I mean I missed the Mexico eatherquake like an 8.0 the other day because of the GOP stuff. It was like OBTW there was an earthquake in Mexico.

I want an app or a phone that keepms dialed in up to date with friends on facebook and twitter and other community sites.

I want it to play some great games so when im sitting in a office surrounded by old people who are late to their appts head of me friving my appt even later .I dont feel like going on a killing spree.

I want my phone fast and easy to read. U want it safe from cyber and vius attacks as well. I want it there to help me when a medical emergrency I cna offer air or aid can be given to me.

I want the GPS to REALLLYYYYYYY Work not drive into a dead in alley in not so good of a place to be. Its also aware of when business's have closed.

I want to find my phone when I do a bone head move and leave it there and be able to find it.

I want to stream movies without choppy large breaks in the movies.

last but not least I want a phone that doesnt make sound like little orphan annie talking to them and they do not sound like there megatron at the end of a mega phone.

So do these apps exist?? of so who are they and where are they? Doesa phone like this exist? Or is this a pipe dream?

So if you know the apps, the phone and mix im looking for please help. I want my phone as companion and not as a must have leash. I dont hacing a problem with paying for apps credit is where credit is due.

Siri is cool ok ill give it that buy I was watching a video of her in action and she more of a comedian than finding what I needed on theo ther side of that coin was some app on the Samsung GS2 working really well.

So help me please. my new phone will here in a two days. I want to set it up with the minimum apps needed to do this.

I want to wake up in the morning turn my phone on and see all the latest feeds from android sites like this and phone dog and other android news sites all in one folder. I then also want to see whats going on in the world in the other and the US in another and money in another. I mean I missed the Mexico eatherquake like an 8.0 the other day because of the GOP stuff. It was like OBTW there was an earthquake in Mexico.
There are RSS feed widgets that can do that. I'd recommend Scrollable News if you're 2.3 or earlier, and Pure News Widget if you're ICS

I want an app or a phone that keepms dialed in up to date with friends on facebook and twitter and other community sites.
Check out Seesmic or Tweetdeck, as they'll merge both sites into one stream that you can scroll through.

I want it to play some great games so when im sitting in a office surrounded by old people who are late to their appts head of me friving my appt even later .I dont feel like going on a killing spree.
Android has lots of great games. See that section of Google Play.

I want the GPS to REALLLYYYYYYY Work not drive into a dead in alley in not so good of a place to be. Its also aware of when business's have closed.

GPS Test should show you if it's working or not.

I want to find my phone when I do a bone head move and leave it there and be able to find it.

There's a list of these apps in Google Play

I want to stream movies without choppy large breaks in the movies.

I imagine that would depend on the speed of your internet connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones