is this phone really that fast?General

Last Updated:

1. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is the incredible really as fast as verizon and htc makes it out to be? is it faster than the droid eris?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

In short, Yes. Just look at the specifications. better yet, go to a VZW store and try it out yourself :)

3. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

yes. From what i hear, and from playing with it in the store it is FAST. There is no lag when opening anything and the one in store had crazy ammounts of apps open that random people had up. The tilt sensor for the keyboard was one of the only things i felt could have been better, either that or i just wasnt doing it right.

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

It was FAR faster than the Droid Eris. This phone is essentially one of the Top 3 fastest phones currently available in the US. Its rivals are N1, Evo, and iPhone.

5. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

Mine is. I mean really fast. Way faster than I couldve imagined. My laptop is jealous.

6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I have both the Eris and the Inc. It is night and day honestly. The Eris is a great little phone I still love it, but play and own an Inc for a few days then jump back on the Eris and it will frustrate you how slow the Eris is compared to it. The Inc is blazing fast and has not slowed down one bit in the 5 weeks I have owned it.

7. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

In my own experience with the device at almost one month:

There is no slowdown......... except when you install a Live Wallpaper (only in a minor way too). If you use a stationary background, the Incredible is the proverbial ninja on fire running through time and space continuum. I don't know if it is just these wallpapers, but the space warp, "Shake Them All!" and Nexus Revamped ones create a tiny bit of lag when switching between the seven home screens. The programs themselves are still quick. So, very minor issue that I'm sure Froyo will fix up.

Also here's a review on the three wallpapers I mentioned :)

Space Warp - 4/5 seems like the wallpaper stops going "warp speed" randomly, but otherwise good on battery and interesting. Also, looking at it in pitch black makes me dizzy :confused:

Shake Them All! - 3.5/5 Really cool background that gets EVERYONE interested in my Incredible. There have been times I wanted my phone back, but a string of people are turning my phone around this way and that~ I find it runs best with 5 Androids at a low gravity around 5%. This one seems to lag the phone the most (again, not TOO noticeable). Also, if there were an app that ever hogs the battery, this one is it. Always took like 40% of the battery.

Nexus Revamped - 4.5/5 Low battery usage (always 2%) and runs smoothly. I have half the options on and it is great! Not as interesting as the one above with falling Androids everywhere, but something subtle and cool when you tell people colors shoot out from where you last "clicked".

8. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

Yes, 1GHz snapdragon power, it's fast. Multitasking is a breeze on this phone. Definitely try it out in a store or watch videos on youtube, if you don't believe us.

9. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i played with my moto droid the other day and forgot how slow it was. i didn't think it was slow when i first got it, and then i definitely didn't think it was slow when i overclocked it. but now that i have had my Inc for 5 weeks and then played with the droid again, the droid feels bad, and i mean REALLY BAD.

10. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

MUCH faster than the Eris. Eris still is fast enough for its purposes, but you definitely notice the difference when using them side-by-side.

11. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Go play some flash videos on it. It is pretty fast.

12. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

yes. faster than my old eris. by like 5 or 6 times!
    im kind of hating on EVO owners but the only thing i feel they have over my phone is bigger screen and front facing camera...this is the VERY best currently on verizon. i HAVE to keep it for a year and a half before i can upgrade again and im very happy.
    it still apart of the android elite phones. just not THEE no more :(
    DAMMMNNN I WANT AN EVO!

13. jasonb1985

no you don't. if you have an Inc, keep it and be happy. i wear an Evo around my neck all day at my job (radio shack) and i am not one bit jealous. yes the screen is bigger but it's not AMOLED.

aleis likes this.
  14. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

Could you link me to Nexus Revamped? I can't find it on AppBrain but it sounds very interesting.

15. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

People tell me to walk them thru the cool shit of the phone and thats the first thing I show. The speed and responsiveness.

16. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I was connecting my friends Eris to a Wifi connection, and man does it take so long to load something you press. I am use to the incredible doing it instantly.

Dare to Incredible I will be happy for 2 years like with my dare.

17. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Yes it is lightning fast. Its kinda unfair those 2 phones because Eris is a lower end phone while Inc is higher end phone.

18. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

It is but keep in mind there are still going to be bugs, apps that can sometimes cause lag etc. Also, if there is a low 3G or voice signal that can cause it to slow down as well I think because it's also trying to find those signals as well IMO. Anyways, still a great phone but again electronics always act funny around me.

19. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Put it this way. I had to use the browser on my wife's iPhone 3Gs the other day and it was frustrating me how slow it was.

Yeah it's fast.

20. nm4

nm4 New Member

It's a blisteringly fast phone. Today I was working with some colleagues. We were surprised how snappy the Incredible was compared to an iphone, two blackberries (a Tour and Storm 2), a netbook (ASUS EEEPC w/ N270), and two laptops (both with core 2 duos). Put simply, the web browsing experience on the Inc was amazing. It has made everything else I own feel slow and purposeless (including my brain!)

NM

21. Tinsammich

Tinsammich Well-Known Member

I have an Inc and I can vouch for how fast it is. What I want to know though is how fast is it compared to a rooted MotoDroid that's over clocked and possibly now running Froyo?

22. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

AMOLED screens arn't that great guys

23. jasonb1985

24. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

@infamousjax: Way to stay on target there.

OP, stay away from the Eris! I have a friend who bought one a month before Incredible was released, and I have been helping her get cool aps. It is a pain working on that thing. Takes forever to do anything.

The only other phone I would consider on Verizon is the Moto Droid because of the keyboard. I've messed with friend's and it isn't bad speed wise.

25. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member