Is this phone worth the $549.99 price?General

Last Updated:

1. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

Seems they wont give me an early upgrade, so for all of you sgs2 owners is this phone worth that price? I was totally in for $199, and still might be for $549 if its worth it. I've paid more for less.

Advertisement
  2. sarstube

sarstube Well-Known Member

This is a bit concerning but probably a typo

Even the infuse has "up to 8 hours" talk time. however, the infuse is not benchmarked as highly as the sgii but it's a hundo cheaper and a larger screen. something to think about.
  3. SysAdmNj

I saw that and didnt even look twice since I dont talk that much and am always near a charger usually. Problem is all these different battery life posts I'm hearing. Apparently its getting good battery life, not sure with the way I use my phone.
  4. sarstube

what phone do you have now?
  5. SysAdmNj

I have a rooted htc inspire running cm7
  6. sarstube

i have stock inspire. the sgi's battery life SHOULD be a typo, I think it's at least 8 hours talk time, but either the infuse of sgii should have better battery performance.

I would also check out craigslist for infuse.

HOWEVER - since you like to root, I would bet that there will be better and more options for the sgii because it's been out longer (in asia and euro) and it's on soo many different carriers. That's something else to think about.

I bought the inspire for $400 the day it came out so I have the option to upgrade, but the landscape changes so fast I don't think I want to "use" an upgrade.
  7. SysAdmNj

The inspire came out earlier this year, I think february, how do you have the option to upgrade? Full upgrade 2yr contract price?
  8. sarstube

i paid $400 for the off-contract, otherwise it would have been $149 on contract i think. This was ATT price that I price matched at bestbuy, but they bumped up the price after a week or so.