Is this possible?General

Last Updated:

1. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to have programs like Handcent and your Gmail not show up on the top notification status bar, but still send a sound when receiving?

I have custom notification sounds for all my contacts and email clients, but do not care for them filling up the status bar also. If I take away the status bar notifications in settings for Handcent and such, then my sounds also get taken away.

Basically, I do not care to have anything show up in the status bar and other than possibly PandaHome and hiding of the status bar, I have not seen a way to do this.

Does that make any sense what I am asking. I know what I am asking and I am not even sure that makes sense to me.. :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

it makes sense and is only possible if the apps has that option

some apps have a separate notif bar (visual) notification and sound/vib settings. if it does that yes you can do it, if it doesn't you are stuck with the visual notifications.

3. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Caddy...

That is what I figured too. It looks like Handcent is not possible to do this since it looks like the Notification settings are all in one on it..

4. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Well-Known Member

I thought when I had ChompSMS for a hot minute the sound/vibe and visual notifications were seperate. I could be wrong though......