Is this really a capacitive tablet for $185?

Last Updated:

1. Fiddlerclamp

Fiddlerclamp New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

The specs in the auction say that it is.
    LCD display:7" HD 480x800 Capacitive Multi Touch Screen
    If it's not I guess you can always go through Ebay to get your money back. It shows shipping from Hong Kong, I've seen some pretty inexpensive (cheap?) stuff coming out of there...

3. XMP

XMP Member

I bought the G10 from pandawill. Same piece of hardware. But pandawill sells for 177.99 free shipping. And yes it has everything they say it does. And it works very well. Android store works unlike alot of the earlier mids out there.

I can tell you this MID rocks! Esp for the price.

4. gerifalte

gerifalte Member

5. marcelo_lopez

marcelo_lopez Well-Known Member

The G10/aPad is not capacitive. Apparently some ODM's have figured out how to support "pinch zoom" on a resistive digitizer, but it is not capacitive. What I will give them kudos is that they have delivered on support for the G-Sensor on the TCC8902 platform. Maybe if you could get them to deliver their source for the kernel and binary drivers then perhaps others could benefit.

We're working actively with Augen to get the Kernel sources for 2.1 from their Chinese ODM. As a matter of fact, we're going to try to leap frog onto Froyo.

gerifalte likes this.
  6. can anyone give a quick review? I've read some favourable comments re: the panda tablet.

I'm esp interested in 'snappiness' to borrow an apple term (just jesting lol) and how well the resistive screen performs. Anything more than the odd false/unregistered tap would be torture.

I'm a diehard Nexus One froyo user and am loathe to buy a tablet thats any slower but for the right price I could put up with a certain level of sluggishness, but like all things theres a sliding scale.