Is this really how to get 2.1 WITHOUT rooting?

Last Updated:

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

It's 2.1 apps on 2.0.1. and to be honest, 2.0.1 home with 5 screens > 2.1 launcher.
    Rooting and ROMing is definitely worth it.

3. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

I got to the site but not the dowmloads. Got a message about exceeding bandwith and to try later.
    Guess people are trying them, so we will see if they are good or bad. I kinda hate being the test pilot.

4. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yep... Even after logging in several hundred hours here on the forums, I still have the slight panic of an "awe crap" scenario occuring if I tried to make adjustments like the more knowledgeable users here.

It may go smooth as silk.
    Or it may not.
    Then what?

I still think that a few gurus here could set up a paypal account, and for say, $50, walk their "customers" through the process over the phone, and be available for additional "consultations" if problems arose, (for an additional fee, of course...). I'd be first in line.

Any takers?

5. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

I would (and I wouldn't even charge $50, that's honestly way too much for such a simple service) but I don't have the time. :( There are some great guides out there though, one of which doesn't even require using ADB.