• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this rooting tool safe?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. There are a lot of "one-click-root" apps around. It's most important that you find one for your specific phone and Android version.
If you try to root with a tool that's not compatible, you could result in anything from "doesn't work" to "need a new phone."

You might find some of the threads in Galaxy Pocket - All Things Root - Android Forums useful. :)

Upvote 0
If it's the tool I think it is, all of the reviews and user comments on the site for all phones are negative.

I'm not a massive fan of those sort of apps, but Kingo App rooted my Z1 no problem and there are a tonne of other compatible phones listed on their site too.

Also definitely check out the forum Luna linked to, you might find some useful info there. :)

Reactions: mikedt and Granite1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones