Is this screen protector website a scam???

Last Updated:

1. that guy

that guy Active Member This Topic's Starter

not sure what is going on but its a free full body guard scratch resistant clear skin all you do is pay 3 dollars for shipping i have no idea has anyone else used this? its a stealth guard is this their real site?

Motorola Droid Full Body Protection - Cell Phones

Advertisement
    rncotton likes this.
  2. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

"Our Clear Scratch Resistant skin feature a "Self Healing" technology that allows most dings and scratches to heal after a 24 hours period."

give me a break, self healing, and they are giving it away for free.....sounds like a scam

3. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

Well for $3.00 why complain about it mean thats like uber freaking cheap and who knows it might actually work . For the self healing is kinda understandable i seen stuff like this work . So what the heck give it a try

4. PARick

PARick Well-Known Member

Just ordered 2 for under $5. Well worth a try.

5. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

It's not a scam. I got mine last week and it's wonderful. Quite a bit cheaper than ZAGG. The feel of this one is much better and the price is great. Only thing I've noticed is that it takes a couple days to get a good look. Unlike ZAGG which dried in a 12 to 18 hour period.

6. JezterVA

JezterVA Well-Known Member

For $4.85, I ordered two as well. I have Zagg on right now. Note to the poster above. I had killer drying times on mine by just plugging into the wall charger. The added heat dried it up in no time.

Give it a try.

7. rncotton

rncotton Member

Thanks for posting that. I just ordered two of them, for me and the wife. I've been unable to find a case that (a) actually stays on (b) that I like (c) relatively inexpensive. I mean, I only paid $20 each for the phones because I ordered them through Dell Mobility rather than VZW direct.

I had the Zaag on my Blackberry Storms and they were OK but I thought they were overpriced for what they were. I'm anxious to try these out.

8. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

they probably have a large inventory of D1 covers and with it now discountinued they are blowing them out the doors while still tryign to make a sliver of a profit instead of sitting on them.

9. 2istyroads

2istyroads Active Member

I don't think that's the case. If you click on other phones they say $0.00

10. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

I just picked up a couple.. glad they accepted PayPal...:)

11. that guy

haha your all welcome guys.... i had no idea i just saw it and thought it was too good to be true but i guess what they say is true the best things in life are free... i saw they used pay pal and i thought that was great u know the buyer protection and all

12. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

When you guys get them, please report back: are they any good?

13. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

i didn't get that far ... good call. Must be that cheap chinese labor to get prices that low :D ........ let us know when you get some if they're any good!

14. smpage

smpage Well-Known Member

I wonder if the website is just going out of business and trying to clear stock. needless to say, I will be buying two as soon as I get home.

15. that guy

did anyone get their screen protector from them yet? i just bought two of them... just wondering

16. k00ey

k00ey Well-Known Member

Just got mine in today, shipping was pretty slow since I ordered on 8/20 and today is 9/7.

I can't complain though, $2 for a whole body shield, thats a STEAL

17. mdeamicis

mdeamicis Well-Known Member

i'm gonna make a guess as to why they are giving away free stuff. nothing sells like word of mouth and friendly recommendations. they might not be selling well because most people i have heard from use the zag invisashhild. if they get enough units out there in the wild people will notice and it will get them more atention than the bilbords and tv spots that we all tune out anyway. what is more cost effective in the end? so aybe they will start charging again after they ship a certain number of free units or something like that.

i just got my replacement moto droid from assurion a couple hours ago, so i am gonna try this out instead of dropping 30 bucks tomorrow at the mall kiosk for another full shield.

18. mdeamicis

[​IMG] You will receive an order confirmation email with details of your order and a link to track its progress.

i'll give a review when i get it.

19. that guy

i got the confirmation email but no way to track it....

20. that guy

anybody else get theirs yet... still waiting for mine...

21. _Jroid

_Jroid Member

just ordered 2, Ill replace my front shield when its gets bad, but my wife needs hers replaced bad. 4.85 is def a steal! Hope they work well! Oh, and thanks for the link ; )

22. y2thrasher

y2thrasher Active Member

I had ordered 2 prior to this thread starting and I just received them this past weekend. I put one on and it went on pretty easy. The paper that comes with them says to go to the web site for instructions. The instructions are in the form of a video and they use some "Solution" to spray the shield prior to putting it on your phone, but they never say what the solution is made of. I e-mailed them and they said its simply a couple drops of non-moisturizing soap and tap water. Just take your time installing it and it will come out great.

After installing the shield, my phone actually looks new (its all shiny now :p ). I had some scratches near the Verizon logo from sliding the phone open and now you can't even see the scratch. The only gripe I have is the edges of the shield seem to pick up the lint from my pocket, but that seems to be getting better and less noticeable as the days go on.

I think it was definitely worth it for the $3-$4 I paid for shipping. (I thought it was a scam at first also, but said, what the heck)

23. that guy

how long would you say it took from them to come in the mail?

24. mdeamicis

i would use some computer screen wipes or a microfiber cloth dampened with some alcohol to make sure the android unit is completely clean and dry.

if it is anything like the invisashield i had on my poor retired droid, it needs to "mold" to the phone. a little bit of gentle heat speeds things up, but if it is installed professionally,as my invisashield was, you are advised to not put it in your pocket for the first 24 hours as well as treating it gently for that time while the film bonds to the casing.

25. y2thrasher

y2thrasher Active Member

I ordered them 8/19 and they arrived 9/8, so about 3 weeks.

I used a lint free cloth that came with my TV to wipe down the entire unit untill I couldn't see any more smudges/finger prints and after installing each piece, I blotted up the excess water, then went over it again with the lint free cloth.

I did wait 24 hours prior to putting it in my pocket, however it probably wasn't completely dry yet. I did read somewhere else that you can use a Blow Dryer to speed up the drying time, you could also plug it into the charger and let the excess heat dry it for you.