1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is this site FASTER? (Round 1)

1. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

agreed with covert death
  2. fiish

fiish Active Member

I seem to be having the same issues as Covert_Death as well, sometimes an AF page just won't load, or replies seem to take a very long time to process.
  3. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Give em' some time to optimize the server, that kinda stuff doesn't just happen over night. Be patient, things should improve.
  4. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

This mornings few hours of sluggishness should be over. :)
  5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I hope so. I gladly welcome any speed and stability improvements as over the past week or so I have had serious trouble loading pages.
  6. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy Well-Known Member

I find it pretty slow most of the time, that's when I can connect when it's not slow I can't connect at all I just get connection timeouts. Also I thought thread subscriptions were reset? Mine seem to be going nuts. When there is a post on a thread I subscribed to some month or two ago I end up getting 4-5 emails for the same post.
  7. Trident

Phandroid is down..
    EDIT: Just kidding.. it's back up.
  8. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

Loaded this page in 1.518 seconds... Not bad. Keep up the good work, guys!
  9. Phases

I'll try but running in this hamster-spinner-thingy is exhausting!!
  10. Trident

lmao!
  11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Here.. here, open your mouth while you're running.. DON'T STOP.. this is Dr. Pepper.. not Diet Dr. Pepper, either.

Hope this helps.. there ya go.. GO MAN GO!
  12. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

The site has been slow a lot lately since last week. Time outs, database errors etc. Are you guys working on the site behind the scenes? Or is this site just having problems.

Thanks.
  13. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I have more problems with this site than any that I access daily:

1. database errors - site cannot load
    2. server not found - site cannot load
    3. slow as molasses - sometimes pages take a minute or more
    4. pages simply do not load

this week seems worse. I gave up yesterday and the day started today with no access - database errors - for 20+ minutes.

this is very common for this site.

EDIT: it took 3-4 minutes for this post to take.. endless "loading" time
  14. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

15. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

FYI - I can access all the forums, but the only part of the forum I can't access is the USER CP.
  16. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

+1 to all of this. It seems to be getting progressively worse and worse. I've had to venture out into the rest of the internet to try to get my android forum fix: have you BEEN out there?! It's scary as hell!!! Joking aside, I really have looked around and no other android forum has the level of activity that AF has, not even something like XDA. :(
  17. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Dear god...site has been messed so far : < Nothing last night...on and off this morning...now no CP/PM..well at least I can read the subforums...kind of sucks since I want to know what's the lastest post for the Threads I've subscribed to :/ *sigh* I hope they get this all sorted and fixed, as we'll be seeing more people when Evo comes out...and if the site is crapping with the current number of users...how would they handle the influx of Evo users when June 4th..6th come. : <

Yeah, I've tried all of the other Android Forums out there, and this one is still the best by far. I guess this is the price that's being paid to be the best (to me anyways:p) Android Forums on the net. Traffic is good (online not the roads)...BUT too much and you get damn congestion (hiccups) or stand still (>_> site unable to load)
  18. Trident

Wait... you guys cant access the User Control Panel or Private Messaging?
  19. Roze

OK just checked and able to access now (2:02) ...wasn't able to from 1:40-2:01 est >_>;;
  20. Trident

That's very odd... I was able to access them both between those times.
  21. Roze

Yeah, but I'm happy that everything is up and running. I'd think I'd die if I can't take my '5 minutes' break on AF @ work XD
  22. Phases

Looks like we may be getting another dedicated DB box.
  23. Trident

A server just for the database?
  24. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Whatever adjustment you guys made (if any) worked wonders. The site is moving extremely quick now and user cp access is back.
  25. Phases

Well.. we currently have one just for the database(s).... but "the database server" encompasses more than just AF's so, this one will be for AF only.

At least I believe that is where Robs chat with our host is headed. Will know for sure later.
    Frisco likes this.