Is this still a good phone on gingerbread?

Last Updated:

1. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since ice cream sandwich, I'm wondring, is it still good on gingerbread?
    Because I'm thinking of getting this phone and I'm wondering if it is still a good phone even though it's not going to get updated anymore?

Advertisement
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I would say yes. I have had mine Since April 2011. If your not concerned about having an older OS, then its a good buy. If you want the most current OS, this isn't the phone for you.

Edited: I also, have the Lapdock and Standard dock. (I love the Lapdock.) Just these two docks alone add to the functionality of the phone. The Lapdock turns the Atrix into a netbook. The standard dock turns the Atrix into an alarm clock + docking/media station.

3. rthomas10

rthomas10 Active Member

Anyone that is interested in purchasing an Atrix 4g Please contact me as I have mine for sale. My contract was up and I got another one. Unit is in great working order, never dropped. I have a laptop dock that I will sell with it. PM me to start a discussion.
    Thanks. I want this to go to a good home as it has been a great phone for me.

4. 326

326 Active Member

Agree with the consensus that the phone is great as is.

Just frustrating all the promised support is not coming our way. There are several features I would have loved to see the phone get. Now I guess I have to go find apps that mimic the features I feel I'm missing.

I will not buy another Motorola phone in the future, but that doesn't make this phone a dud. I believe this is a move from Google after acquiring MotoMobile. If Google is going to poop on me I'm going to avoid the poop all together.

5. AndrewTo

AndrewTo Active Member

I've unlocked bootloader, and installed cm9 (ICS) now flashed back to CM7(GB) for the fingerprint unlock
    but CM7 no ""crystal talk"" my friends complaining extreme noise v_v
    anyone knows which ROM has both "Crystal Talk" and fingerprint unock?
    ---------------
    yes itz still a great phone without ICS

6. Fonof

Fonof Member

Phone is an absolute beast.

Never had any problems. And it seems like an ICS kernel might be built soon on XDA.

7. mrblanche

mrblanche Member

I have had this phone for almost 2 years, and it has proven to be very reliable. I've found a few apps that lock it up (the two worst are flashlight programs), but normally it does fine. I have it in an otterbox cover, and it's been dropped many times with no damage. In fact, I've worn out two Otterboxes! I'm a trucker, and this is my web browser when I'm away from town, too. My GPS, too, when I need help finding someplace. Newest tech? Nope. But if you need a dependable phone with a lot of apps available, and you can get it cheap, it's a good buy.