1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is this the best phone that you owned?General

1. Lanman1978

Lanman1978 Well-Known Member

Coming from the Triumph to the Evo V was a serious upgrade for me at least with the dual core cpu, gig or ram, 4g, etc. So have any of you owned a better phone than our beloved Evo V?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

Prepaid, yes.
    The network blows, but the phone is nice.
  3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Rationally then definitely yes, however years ago when the Blackberry Bold first came out I had an unhealthy love affair for almost a year. :rolleyes:
  4. gamikzone

gamikzone Well-Known Member

prepaid: either this for the evo design they are very similiar to each other i love both of them
    postpaid:no the galaxy s3 <3 :D
  5. OverByter

The Design has a smaller screen and only has a single core. As for postpaid I've used both the S3 and the One X and much prefer the HTC offering. The S3's build quality at this price point definitely feels lacking to me.
  6. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

On virgin Mobile definitely ^_^

On other networks they'll have better phones.

But the thing I hate is that virgin and sprint have dead zones a lot :banghead:
  7. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

Yep. Started on t-mobile "non smart phones" switched to VM Op V then to this. Would love a galaxy 3
  8. qu4ttro

qu4ttro Well-Known Member

As far as technical specs, this is the best phone I've ever owned. Subjectively, it is not. The HTC HD2 was a great phone (especially once Android was ported to it,) and when I got it on launch day it was better than other phones on the market (first US phone with a Snapdragon processor.) The G1 was also a great phone, and revolutionary for its time (first Android phone ever.) I still miss the keyboard on the G1... :(
  9. G19

G19 Well-Known Member

Prepaid, absolutely. Once I flashed the radio and completely fixed the radio interface error, this phone was a beast. I also have a gs3 on tmobile which destroys this phone in terms of phone performance and network reliability/speed.
  10. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

I also should point out that the S2 is now a prepaid phone, though not to VM.
  11. RedAnt

RedAnt Well-Known Member

As a phone to make calls and text anyplace I am, my tracfone prepaid phones where all better. And had much better battery life.

As a PDA, portable computer, smart phone ; the 3VO is far better than anything else that I have carried. Even better with all the cheap after market options : extended battery, tpu case, cradle, HDMI cable, BT accessories.
  12. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member

I still miss my Evo 4g.
  13. Antiochus

Antiochus Well-Known Member

You can get the S3 on Ting.
  14. montenell

montenell Well-Known Member

Yes. Although battery life sucks. My first smartphone was a Nokia neuron and it sucked. No apps slow responses etc. I then got the optimus v which was cool but I couldn't experience all android had to offer with it. So I love my evo. Plus my service here isn't too bad either
  15. hchen42

hchen42 Well-Known Member

Don't think it's a fair question. Any "flagship" phone of this year should be better than the flagship phone of yesterday. To me, this phone actually ranks at the bottom. Spec wise it is the best I've ever used. However, if it can't get phone/text correct, it goes to the bottom. It may be harsh, but if it has dual core, the memory and all the goodies, then it better get the most basic functions right.
  16. gamikzone

gamikzone Well-Known Member

i got the s2 on ting, the price of the s3 is a little to heft for my pocket :p.
  17. djdrma

djdrma Well-Known Member

Nah, I think my iphone was better, I even have iphone like stuff on here to remind me of the os experience
  18. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Yes this is the best phone I ever had. And I've been with virgin a looking time. My first phone was that brick phone where you could swap out the keys/faceplate.
  19. OverByter

Wow, I can't even remember what my first Virgin phone was. Either the Kyocera Loft or the Rumor 2 when they were new.
  20. New_droid

New_droid Active Member

Yeah, this is probably the best I've had so far.

Shuttle> Optimus V> Evo V
  21. Shawnsac2000

Shawnsac2000 Well-Known Member

I came from the Huawei Ascend & Ascend II. So yeah! It's the best phone I ever had.
  22. jmstrat

jmstrat Well-Known Member

Post Triumph user here, the evo v is way better. The Triumph in my case had the worst gps hiccup ever, I knew it wasn't the network, but It would take about 10 minutes for the gps to work. That's why I hated that phone. But this new one still has a few flaws but overall on prepaid it's ******* good. With leslie ann's guide, it's actually like an evo 3d now. I actually love the 3d on this phone, I love taking 3d pics and videos but the video and just regular picture quality is subpar for 5mp. But now I'm just hoping if it's going to get jelly bean or if that's something that's already happening in front of my eyes or if it's still not going to happen right now.
  23. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

I came from the Triumph and I don't think I have to tell anyone how horrible that phone is. This phone will definitely last me a year, 2 if it gets Jelly Bean (since CM10 isn't looking promising). By then phones will have 2GHz quad core with 2GB RAM and Android 5.1 xD
  24. lqcorsa

lqcorsa Well-Known Member

First smartphone I had was the Palm Pre. Lovely phone...Web OS is brilliant. That was the best phone I had ever owned. It took a spill off of my couch once though, and shattered. Then I started using Android, and began working in the connections business, specifically dealing with phones. Android has never been able to make me feel like I'm using a premium phone. It's like a Toyota. Lots of development for it, but flimsy...and doesn't run well. Getting tired of it's cheapy feel. The ROM development is the only thing that keeps me on it...but that only goes so far before cameras and major features start to break.

I'll probably be switching to WP8 in November post-paid for the Lumia 920. *That* will be my most premium phone, for me. :)
  25. ajore22

ajore22 Well-Known Member

Yes, I can say this is the best phone overall.

I had the the Optimus V and the Triumph, the OV was just a gateway into how awesome the android OS is. The Triumph was good after some heavy modification. But the EVO, really blows them out of the water; dual core and reasonably fast 4g make this the best phone I have ever owned. Even if it does have some annoying quirks.