Is this the Google owned Moto phone?General

1. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member

When Google acquired Motorola mobility wasnt there some thoughts that Google would be able to better control some of their devices? Do we know if this phone (Droid Maxx) is one of those phones?

Advertisement
  2. phonebuddy

phonebuddy Active Member

My understanding was that Verizon has more of a hand in the upcoming Maxx, Ultra and Mini. And then the Moto X is where Google is playing its hand. I really don't know, though :\ just thought I'd reply, haha
  3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

This would have been my next phone. 720p vs S4's 1080p screen ruined it.
  4. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

eh, i've already had a pentile samsung screen. i'll take 720p nonpentile. this isn't a 40 inch tv.
  5. Outatime

You actually have me thinking about the Droid Maxx again because you have a point. I think that I might check out the Droid before I pull the trigger on my next upgrade.

Upgrade time is always so exciting!! LOL
  6. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

trust me .. pentile 1080p is equal to if not inferior to 720p NON pentile... the maxx screen is going to look gorgeous
    Outatime likes this.
  7. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

My ONLY hesitation (as if I have one) is the fact that it will be locked up tighter than the crown jewels. Motorola is known for locking down bootloaders and with Verizon's flat hatred of unlocked devices, I believe it's going to be VERY difficult to root MY phone.

Both my Dinc and Gnex were rooted from the beginning. I want to remove any and all bloatware a.s.a.p.
  8. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i do agree with you on that point but FORTUNATELY motorola is running stock android compared to other manufacturers and that is all i ever root for.
  9. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

That was true but the m and RAZR HD and others south the same professor were able to have there boot loaders unlocked through an exploit and djbliss the motorola root expert mentioned a while back that he had can other exploit but did not want to release it yet for fear of it being blocked. I don't know if it will work on the new line of phones but there is hope.
  10. Jersey Tom

Jersey Tom Well-Known Member

My Samdung GNex finally became unusable and I had to switch batch to my Droid X. 220 ppi or somewhere around there. Only the slightest hint of pixel edges. In all practicality, plenty crisp.

Maxx at 300 ppi will be more than enough, just like the GNex at 315 or whatever.

400+ on the S4 is just a meaningless number, way over kill, no gain (IMO).
    Outatime likes this.
  11. Outatime

I've actually completely changed my tune since I posted that. When I started looking at replacements for my GNex the G4 was the logical upgrade. Then I saw the Droid line. The new Droid/Moto X line of phones is going to be the thing other manufacturers are copying in the next couple (several?) of years. I want to be on the cutting edge. Droid Maxx all the way.