Is this the HTC Legend?

Last Updated:

1. fahadchaudhry

fahadchaudhry Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

have a look at the following link:

HTC Legend vs. HTC Hero - GSMArena.com

Is this the "Legend"? I don't think so. Just an improved screen!

I don't think that this phone is worth waiting for.

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I was disappointed when I saw the specifications, it was originally rumoured to have 3.7" screen and double the RAM. If these new specs are true, it's not enough of an upgrade for me

3. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the legend. It's a revamp of the hero with a few tweaks to iron out the problems with the original. What were you expecting?

FWIW it also has a much better camera, with flash, and a much faster CPU (slightly faster clock speed, much faster architecture). Like i said, iron out the problems.

It's not the exactly the HTC bravo spec-wise. But then... um... that's what the HTC bravo is for.

4. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

It looks it is not meant for the people who are already using HTC HERO.

5. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I'm getting the feeling that the Legend is really just meant to be a sort of hardware update to keep things smooth with 2.1. I really wouldnt be surprised if it actually got its start as a debugging platform for testing 2.1 on the Hero.

All it really has different from the Hero is an aluminum shell (likely to aide with heat dissapation) and a slightly overclocked CPU. The addition of an AMOLED is probably just because they're changing their manufacturing process over to it, and the added battery life.

The original rumors gave the impression that the Legend was to be a Hero on steroids, with 1GHz Snapdragon, 512MB RAM, and 3.7" screen. Now it seems more like a Hero who got a gym membership.

6. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

It'll be a long time before I trade up my Hero, so far, 4 months, I've never had a single problem I couldn't fix by visiting here.

When 2.1 & Flash 10 get here, one day, I'll be hanging on to my Hero for quite a while. I'm still blown away by it..

Al

7. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

These are the kinda posts I like to see... normally forums are places people come when they have problems!

I was considering upping to the legend when I first saw the specs, but since I am running 2.1 on my Hero, I have no need. It is doing everything I need

8. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

There will come a time when the hero is obsolete. This time will be when

(a) HTC stop providing android updates for the phone, and a significant number of (good) apps on the app store require the new version

or

(b) There are apps you want to run that require better hardware (e.g. cpu power, bigger screen, more ram, more storage)

Scenario (a) i'm hoping isnt going to happen for quite a while yet. HTC are porting SenseUI to android 2.1. This is a lot of work. Putting that ported SenseUI+Android onto the hero is trivial in comparison (i expect to see 2.1 on Eris etc soon after the hero). And guess what: all of HTC's android phones are using SenseUI. I expect to see senseUI+android updates for for a long time to come (even if we have to wait a while for each one) and thus i hope these updates will be continue to be ported to the hero.

Scenario (b) is inevitable over time. However, this happens to all technology. Your PC from 3 years ago will really find it tough going playing the latest games. However, your hero will still run all of the apps it does now.

A new phone coming out does not make the hero obsolete. They are running the same OS. Developers are still going to want to make their apps runnable on as wide a range of devices as possible. I honestly expect the hero to be a viable device 2 years from now.

9. hmadsen

hmadsen Active Member

Yeah, looks like a slightly faster processor, better cam with a LED flash and an FM radio.

Nothing to get all excited about in my opinion.

Hmadsen