• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is This the Nexus One?

The website isn't correct. They do share the same screen and processor, but that's where the similarities end.

The Desire has (and Nexus One Doesn't):
- Slightly more RAM
- HTC Sense UI
- Optical mouse
- Hardware buttons
- Bluetooth 2.1 stack

the Nexus One has (and the Desire doesn't):
- Dual mics for noise cancelling
- Stock Android 2.1 OS
- Trackball
- Soft-touch buttons

They also are styled differantly.

Upvote 0
The website isn't correct. They do share the same screen and processor, but that's where the similarities end.

The Desire has (and Nexus One Doesn't):
- Slightly more RAM
- HTC Sense UI
- Optical mouse
- Hardware buttons
- Bluetooth 2.1 stack

the Nexus One has (and the Desire doesn't):
- Dual mics for noise cancelling
- Stock Android 2.1 OS
- Trackball
- Soft-touch buttons

They also are styled differantly.

^ yup that

Upvote 0
I seriously wish Tmo had a demo N1 for customers to play with. That would make it easier to decide. At least with the Droid, the key deciding factor is the keyboard. However, my cliq has the better keyboard of the two, and I hate the lack of dedicated number keys. Therefore, I'll gladly pass on the physical keyboard option.

So, its a matter of preference. I never used Sense, but I hear they added social syncing (I got used to blur). So, dual mic or track pad + extra ram? Also, if Desire gets Divx support, what about N1?

Upvote 0
I seriously wish Tmo had a demo N1 for customers to play with. That would make it easier to decide. At least with the Droid, the key deciding factor is the keyboard. However, my cliq has the better keyboard of the two, and I hate the lack of dedicated number keys. Therefore, I'll gladly pass on the physical keyboard option.

So, its a matter of preference. I never used Sense, but I hear they added social syncing (I got used to blur). So, dual mic or track pad + extra ram? Also, if Desire gets Divx support, what about N1?

I doubt the N1 is going to get it, getting the DivX support probably meant that HTC had to pay to license it from DivX or something on a per-phone-sold basis. Not something that Google would do I'm afraid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones