Is this true it helps ur battery last longer

Last Updated:

1. Papoise

Papoise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Changing ur mobile network settings to sprint only not automatic is suppose to help with battery life also anyone noticed this.

Advertisement
  2. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

Depends on how good your sprint coverage is.
    If it's solid, then yes. You're less likely to be jumping around and switching networks. But 90% of the time you're not going to be holding still in an area where your service is great. Which means you're going to be constantly searching for good Sprint only coverage and draining off your battery even faster.

3. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I really don't see how. Is your phone jumping to roam even though it has a strong Sprint signal? That setting would be utilized if you got charged big bucks when your phone jumped to roam. The folks over at xda-developers have been trying to find an easy way to force roaming to SAVE battery life. Lets say that the Sprint signal is barely keeping a lock on the phone because the signal is so weak. The phone will turn the power up to the max to reach the tower, thereby draining the battery. If the phone allowed/forced to switch to a roaming tower with full signal, the phone could reduce the power and conserve the battery.

4. Papoise

So basically u all r saying I should leave it on automatic. And another thing is roaming free I am on a family 3000 plan and I hear roaming is free not sure is it free on the simply everything plans????

5. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Roaming is free, buuuuuuuut, it takes away from your 3000 minutes.

6. Papoise

I dont know if I should change it back to automatic setting anyone know. My battery has been crazy good today I dont know if its this change or if im just imagining it or what lol.

7. Papoise

Does anyone know what I should do about this setting.

8. Papoise

I have my roaming settings on sprint only I don't know why I changed the setting but which setting is better to have on automatic or sprint only.