Is Tmobile's entire 3G network 7.2mbps?

Last Updated:

1. cammyfive

cammyfive New Member This Topic's Starter

First time poster.... I'm considering defecting from my iphone 3GS to a Nexus One....mainly because where I live (Florence, AL) will apparently be the last person on earth to get ATT 3G service and my Edge service during the day MAY top out at 15kbps download (no exaggeration) and the dropped calls, etc etc. Im not super familiar with the terminology but I believe I read that TMobile has a max download speed on their entire 3G network (as opposed to the 3.2 or so where ATT has coverage) and up to something crazy like 21mpbs on their HSPA+ (???) 3G network in the larger cities. Can someone throw me a bone here....

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

gotta have an HSPA+ enabled phone first i believe so that all may be fine and dandy but if you don't have the proper phone it won't do you any good

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Plus tmobiles service is worse than atts.

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

no, they are still rolling out 3G in some areas with the slower speeds (like around me). Your device must also support it at the faster speeds

5. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

TMobile announced that when they do upgrade to the new HSPA+, all of their android phones will be compatible. But as Howie said, they are still expanding their 3G coverage.