Is Verizon catching up?General

Last Updated:

1. CaveRacing

CaveRacing Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I haven't purchased my Incredible yet as I want to see the X tomorrow. Then, I'll make my final decision. I'm still rather certain I'm going with the Incredible as it seems to fit the bill for me. I've been a BB user for the past several years.

Anyway, I noticed yesterday or the day before that the Verizon site showed a ship date of 8/9. This morning, it shows 8/2. Do you suppose this means that they are cathing up? Maybe orders have slowed enough for the supply to start meeting the demand. We shall see.

Advertisement
  2. maybedroid

maybedroid Member

no.

3. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

4. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

after tomorrow there may be no wait at all... people might just get fed up with waiting for their incredible and get the X... its all personal preference

5. ericreinhardt

ericreinhardt Well-Known Member

I noticed that also today. It does seem like they are catching up. I had to wait 3 weeks when I ordered mine in May but I have to say it was well worth the wait. The X looks cool also and I think either phone people choose they will be happy.

Eric

6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Only meaty paws will be happy with the X... Well, meaty paws and ladies that like driving those giant SUVs. Ever notice ladies like driving those???? I notice that ladies are about a three to one ratio driving big SUVs. Scary :eek:;)

jamor likes this.
  7. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

It does appear that they are catching up quite a bit. If you check out the ordered/shipped date thread you will see that they are getting these things out sooner than expected now.

I was told my delivery date would be 7/16 but it actually shipped yesterday and is out for delivery right now. 1 person just posted that they received their shipping notice today and they ordered 7/21.

I think a lot of people canceled in order to get the X, so they are able to catch up now. I am sure once both phones are fully in stock and on the shelves the demand will be about the same.

8. jayhammy

jayhammy Active Member

I went to a VZW store yesterday just to talk with somebody about the X. Although I've had my Dinc since early May and I'm very happy with it, I wanted to see what the X was all about. The guy had a "fake" one (i.e., just a cardboard screen) but the body was real.
    The point I want to make is this: he totally TRASHED the Dinc and praised the X. He said he's "never used such a bad phone" in his life, heard that everyone's having problems with them, etc." Of course, he said all that just as I was pulling mine out of my pocket to show him how wrong he was (and, of course, that I write for an Android blog). He didn't back down. Dinc = sucked. X = awesome. I felt like I was talking to an iPhone salesman.

9. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Jeeze I hate when people pull this crap. Like I said in a similar post, my stance on retail employee's is simple... if I didn't ask for your opinion, shut your damn pie hole.

Thankfully the people at my Verizon store are not like this at all. Sure they have phones they perfer but I have never once heard them flat out trash a phone. And I would be ticked if they did.

If I ever heard something like that, I would say "Humm... I wonder what HTC would think about their distributer trashing their phones? Verizon pays very good money for the rights to sell these phones, so they might be interested to know, too. I think I'll give them both a call this evening to find out..." ;)

10. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I was going to get the Inc but the backorder situation made me take a good look at the X and I think I am going to pull the trigger on it tomorrow. It looks like a pretty sweet phone and it doesn't feel as big as it looks in the pictures and fits quite nicely in my pocket, I got to play with a live demo version at a Verizon store. If the Inc was in stock it would have made this decision much harder.

11. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I wonder if the the fact that he can sell the DX tomorrow and close the business is swaying his opinion much! ;):rolleyes:

12. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see what the ship by date on the VZW site says tomorrow for the DI.

13. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

YES! They are catching up on the shortages. I was told by a VRZ manager or whatever his position is, at the scavenger hunt about this. He confirmed it.

Check out my post:
    http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...2-2-froyo-coming-july-16th-5.html#post1131046

14. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

Anybody notice on verizonwireless.com a couple days ago it was "ship by 8/10" and now it's "ship by 8/2"? After i saw it i stopped by my local verizon store and the rep said that htc is finally getting caught up and that 8/2 is the final date of the backorder. After that, you order it and you get it. But really, every csr i've spoken to over the past month has had a different answer about everything. So take it with a grain of salt. Big...exciting...freaking awesome grains! He was really trying to push me to buy an incredible

15. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

16. lg4420

lg4420 Well-Known Member

I ordered a "refurb" if there is such a thing, ordered on wed, delivered tomorrow per fedex tracking information.

17. turboman09

turboman09 New Member

so.... if i were to order one today online or in the store would i get it before or after the 2nd?

18. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

You would get it before 2nd.

19. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Threads merged.

20. bassdelux15

bassdelux15 Well-Known Member

I really hope that the shipping date goes even lower. I ordered mine last Monday (7/12), was told that it would be shipped on 8/9. I'll probably get it on 8/1 or something, if the new date sticks.

21. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

so has anyone got the lcd screen ones yet?

22. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member

I like how the Verizon employee (read failed McDonald's employee) is comparing a phone he does not own (inc) to a phone no one has seen. But he knows its wwwaaayyyy better. What a joke.