• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Verizon the only carrier that has high-end Androids with decent keyboards??

MinDev

May 16, 2012
Really?
I'm a long time smartphone user, but my first all touch smartphone was iPhone > SGSII > now Skyrocket. I had the Captivate Glide, which was okay, but I didn't admire how flat the keys were. My best all touchscreen experience was the iPhone, with the SGSII coming in 2nd. I'm not a fan of the iPhone, and my SGSII stopped working shortly after I bought it, in which AT&T traded it out for a Skyrocket. While the device is talked highly of I'm finding it most irritating. While the best, it is one of the less seamless smartphones I've ever owned. It sometimes doesn't handle several functions at once, and I'm having the worst experience with Swype. Swype worked lovely with only few errors on my Optimus Slider, Captivate Glide, and Galaxy SII. However it gives me a load of problems, with constant errors on my Skyrocket. I'm a editor/writer so it's quite annoying.
I've even considered maybe picking up a Blackberry Bold or something, seeing how I can't find a decent qwerty Android on AT&T. However, since I've come back to Android, I'm finding that some of my apps I'd rather do without. Plus, the syncing is too easy.
Any thoughts on how I can save my relationship with the Skyrocket? Any tips on how to get the phone to work more properly? If not, does one know where I can get well Android with a qwerty-keyboard that would not be a terrible downgrade. Everyone that I've seen has had low specs.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones