is video success based on ratio?General

Last Updated: 2011-04-19 19:36:07
  1. machinestatic

machinestatic Member

Hi everyone. I apologize if this question has been asked a million times, but I'm new here so I'm allowed to be stupid. (Right? Just kidding.) Seriously though, I did a search and found 12 pages of results, but none of the questions were exactly like mine. So - I have a brand new Thunderbolt, and I've tried several of the "plays any file you throw at it!" video players from the Market. (I've tried Rock Player, Buzz Player, Mobo Player, and the player in ES File Explorer.) I copied a couple movies to my SD card -- Tron Legacy in .avi and Avatar in .m4v ripped with Handbrake -- and they played REALLY badly. The .avi wouldn't let me fast forward/scan without freezing and the .m4v stuttered with a horrible framerate, so it looked like stop motion animation. Yay. And yes, these are legal copies. :p

What is the key to getting films to play better on this phone, and Android in general? Is the important part to convert these video files again and set the screen ratio to exactly what my phone is in Handbrake? (480 x 800, correct?) Or is there a video player or converter even better than all of these?

Mspot Movies 2 looks like a good alternative to this process, but I don't know if I want to spend $4 every time I watch a movie.

And by the way, I have a Mac computer, so I won't be able to use your link to the "Ultra Super Deluxe AVI/MPEG3/MPEG4/WAV/JPEG/HD/VHS/8 TRACK KITCHEN SINK SHAREWARE FREEMIUM WINDOWS XP CONVERTER" 7 day trial. :D

Advertisement
  2. anwernizami

anwernizami Member

Well u can try imtoo converter ,for me its d best i hv used, and supports all formats(almost),and btw you can play ur hd movies as it is in avi, it plays fine 4 me.......