• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is VM Reception Consistent w/ All Phones?

Is the reception of VM (Virgin Mobile) cell phones consistent all throughout? Meaning, if I'm using a KYOCERA cell phone by VM (which I am) am I going to be having any less or more reception using another VM cell phone? This is important to me. Part of me thinks it's the same since the reception is based on communication towers of VM, but at the same time I think the reception quality for each VM cell phone may be different.

I like sticking with Virgin Mobile but the reception really sucks with the KYOCERA. I'm usually home and I get bad reception there...especially in the basement where my room is. I thought perhaps if I switch to a Samsung Montra cell phone by VM the reception will be considerably better. I want to know if the reception is consistent with VM cell phones first though, since if they are, then doing the switch was pointless and in this case I'd rather just keep using the KYOCERA or even switch to another service.

And finally...if the reception does differ between them, is there a way to check the quality of a phone's reception before actually using it? Because once I switch to another VM phone, well...it's a tedious process switching back and forth between phones from my experience.

Thanks...

Is the reception of VM (Virgin Mobile) cell phones consistent all throughout?

And finally...if the reception does differ between them, is there a way to check the quality of a phone's reception before actually using it?
No and, unfortunately, no. I don't know about your phone but, for example, the Optimus V is said to be good while the Samsung Intercept and Motorola Triumph are said to be bad.

Your best bet would be to read through the hardware forums like Virgin Mobile Android Devices

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones