is XPERIA RAY supported?General

1. mahmoodn

mahmoodn Member

Advertisement
  2. sturiellet

sturiellet Member

that's odd :confused:
    you're good, X-Ray is supported of course ;)
  3. mahmoodn

mahmoodn Member

so...
    when I open "market" ( a white bag with green android robot), a white page is opened says "loading..." and after some seconds (10 seconds) it is automatically closed and return to the application menu (alarm, browser, ... I mean).

What is wrong with that?
  4. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Hmmm.
    Xperia ray is st18a/I so it is supp.orted
    Actually market (white with robot) should be updated to play store(white with some sort of prism thing )
    Its strange why it is Force closing.
    Try a factory reset ?
  5. mahmoodn

mahmoodn Member

I am very new to android. My previous phone was bought 6 six years ago. So I am not familiar with store and plain and other related things to android
    I want to "install some app on my phone". What are the steps?

update:
    ST18i is said to be supported. good....
  6. karandpr

Sign in to gmail with your gmail account and click the market app..
    It should work ...
  7. mahmoodn

mahmoodn Member

I logged in to my google account on the phone (not laptop). There are two categories:
    1) "search" which contain web, images, places, news, video, shopping, finance, apps, maps, igoogle, books, youtube

2) "apps" which contain google+, gmail, photos, youtube, reader, calendar, docs, transit, news, tasks, translate, books

What is next?
  8. mahmoodn

mahmoodn Member

I went to play.google.com, searched for an app. and clicked on "install". It says:

you have not accessed the google play store app (the white shopping bag app icon) on your device with this email account.

That means the problem I mentioned earlier....
  9. karandpr

Open the gmail app in your app drawer and login again and the open the market app.
  10. mahmoodn

mahmoodn Member

it says
    waiting for sync
    your email will appear shortly

and nothing else....
  11. iamviveksri

iamviveksri Well-Known Member

you may have disabled background sync or the internet itself is not being accessed.
    you may like to reset the phone once to factory settings and then when you start using it enter your gmail account.

click on play and it will ask for gmail account in case you have not given and then revert here if any problem comes
  12. eko24v

eko24v Member

Try to install via PC, that should help