Is your HDMI Port loose?Support

Last Updated:

1. Ph33zy

Ph33zy Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought an HDMI micro cable and I notice that the connection is VERY flaky. It will only work if I get good contact and just set down my phone. The cable appears to be very snug with port. My EVO is only 2 weeks old. Anyone else notice this??

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

can you try a different cable? if it happens on another cable then your hdmi port may be the issue.

more often its the cable itself and not the port.

3. Ph33zy

Ph33zy Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have another cable, but I'll try to use the cable on my friend's EVO when I get the chance. I got the cable at monoprice.com.....

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

No issues here

5. RobV15

RobV15 New Member

I guess we got what we paid for! I am having the same prob with the monoprice hdmi. I actually purchased two cables with the same prob. Will b getting a better wire soon.

6. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

having the issue with my micro USB no, it feels like the solder broke loose inside the case. planning on contacting HTC about it in Jan (post holidays) to see if they'll replace it...

7. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

If the solder is loose and you're under 30 days, go back to Sprint and exchange for a new phone. I just exchanged my Evo because the USB port completely broke at the solder point. The store gave me a new Evo even though I purchased mine back in June because they didn't have any refurbs on hand and didn't know when they could get me one. Refurbs are the policy, but they gave me a new one because the people working there had a store full of potential new customers watching me return my Evo and didn't want the attention. I didn't make any noise or scene at all, but they were handling everyone in first-come, first-served basis so all eyes were on just a few people. Definitely better than what I expected, but you should get a new phone now rather than wait.

As to the looseness of the microHDMI, mine's pretty solid on the new phone. My original phone had a loose one even though I only used it once to demo the feature. If it's loose, it's not supposed to be so take care of it now.