• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is your Infuse naked?

Is your Infuse 4G naked?

• Yes

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • No, I have a case on it.

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters
I have a black rubber silicone case and a hard gel case. The silicone one was fine, but it would slip off when I pulled it out of a snug pocket... pretty annoying. The hard one is easier to get in & out of my pocket. But the charger hole is annoying since it kind of gets in the way and I have to either take off the case (which adds to the annoying since it's really snug fit) or jam it in. I'm thinking about making one my "house" case (soft silicone), and my outside "no need to charge) case (hard gel).

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add that for Halloween weekend, I went clubbing. Needless to say, had one too many Witch's Tits and Green Apple Poison Bombs.

The Infuse went for a colossal drop on the dance floor, right on its corner edge. Result?

Perfect condition, no scratch, no dent.

This phone continues to amaze me with its durability. Like I said, the phone is and has been naked ever since June, and it still looks new. I used to be slightly jelly of my roommate's iPhone 4 glass-sandwich design but once I noticed all the scratches on its back, I don't know if I am anymore. This plastic thing sure seems to work better for me.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add that for Halloween weekend, I went clubbing. Needless to say, had one too many Witch's Tits and Green Apple Poison Bombs.

The Infuse went for a colossal drop on the dance floor, right on its corner edge. Result?

Perfect condition, no scratch, no dent.

This phone continues to amaze me with its durability. Like I said, the phone is and has been naked ever since June, and it still looks new. I used to be slightly jelly of my roommate's iPhone 4 glass-sandwich design but once I noticed all the scratches on its back, I don't know if I am anymore. This plastic thing sure seems to work better for me.

The fact ur able to remember that means u weren't having enough fun.... jk

Upvote 0
I wear tight-fitting pants, so I just couldn't stand having the size of the Infuse any larger than it already is. I tried a rubber case (I liked the way it looked), but gave up on it after about 4 days (every time I tried to get it out of my pocket, it was like a little wresting match with myself and me looking like a fool).

With that said, my bare phone looks pristine, and it's been 4 months now. I do admit I am on the side of keeping electronic items in good condition (my 1st Gen. iPod Touch looks like it came out near the 4th Gen. period), but still, I am impressed at how durable the gunmetal border around the phone is. There is a very minute nick at the bottom (I think it was from when I had one too many drinks and was trying to fit the charger mini-USB into the hole and missed a few times), but other than that, I could probably format it and sell it as a new phone.

Ironically enough though, it was funny because the first Infuse that I got from Amazon had a huge dent in the gunmetal border (the bezel for some reason was gaping away from the phone at one portion, leaving a hole where dust and other minutia was collecting). Of course, they replaced it for me, though.
you kiddin me the border around the phone scratches so easily. =/

Upvote 0
you kiddin me the border around the phone scratches so easily. =/

Nope, no joshing at all. My gunmetal border is totally scratch-free (aside from that one tiny nick I wrote about earlier). But it might also be because I never put anything in my pocket with my phone - the phone is the one and only passenger in my right pocket...

I guess maybe if you carried keys or something else, it might scratch more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones