Is your keyboard laggy online?Support

Last Updated:

1. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As I mentioned, my keyboard seems to lag when typing online. Right now I am posting this thread from my Incredible, and it is definitely laggy? In all other text applications like gmail, etc....the keyboard is lightning fast. Anyone else notice this on your Incredible?

Advertisement
  2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Yes, 100% ....I'm having it right now as I type. Way to Much lag to keep up with my typing. Mostly while I'm online typing within sites like this. Every day something new!

3. gavin77

Great to hear I'm not the only one......in fact I was just at another forum trying to post a reply in the text box and it wouldn't even bring the keyboard up at all? Another oddity.....

4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Ok had to try this on my phone. I'm using swype and while it is not as fast as other apps it is not slow by any means. Man I love swype

EDIT: so I guess my answer is yes it is slower than normal but not bad with swype

5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Yup, only on websites though. Mostly forums. I thought I was the only one having this problem. Luckily it works fine on normal text messages.

6. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

i noticed that on this forum, in particular, the site starts a search whenever you start to type in the title box for a new thread. this could be the lag you are experiencing.

7. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I have yet to experience any lag on this phone yet and I am typing this post on my incredible . So far this phone runs smooth.

8. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is an issue with the browser you are using? Have you tried testing it on stock vs xscope vs dolphin vs opera vs etc? I suggest trying that out.

9. gavin77

I'll try it out.....so some of you aren't experiencing any lag while posting on this forum? If that's so, maybe I need a new phone?

10. gavin77

So I'm trying out a different browser.....is it faster....maybe a little, its the xscope browser. Ya....a little better.....still not incredible fast though......let me try opera now.....

11. gavin77

ok, now trying opera.....not bad....definitely faster than both I think....pretty sweet browser actually.....I like how it zooms in when you are trying to hit a small link with your fingers and then allows you to easily choose the option you want.

I still wish I could type this fast on the stock browser. So are some of you able to blaze on the stock browser?

12. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Some Moto Droid users posted about "typing lag" when posting to this forum. I experienced it as well, but not on other forums. FWIW, I do not get the typing lag using my N900.

13. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

Yeah I figured Opera may be a little faster... unfortunately that is most likely b/c it uses its server to process and compress the pages before sending it to you.... I'd be waaaay to paranoid to use that type of a system (I do anything I can to keep my information private and that just seems like that is giving it away.

I apologize if I made it sound like I wasn't having this issue.... I don't even have my phone yet! I was just making a suggestion to try to help out. This may very well be an issue across the board... It's strange that it's just for these forums too...

14. gavin77

So what's the consensus? Please let me know if you are all having this issue. Again, its not horrible, its more like typing on the Eris, but its certainly slower than all other typing apps on the Incredible.