• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is Your Optimus Voicemail Too Quiet?

jefboyardee

Extreme Android User
Jan 18, 2011
You let a call go to vm, then you scroll down, tap it and let it play. But it’s so quiet you have to set it on speakerphone and you still can’t hear it. So you try the Voicemail app and get the same tininess. You’d think a phone that does everything but your laundry could play back voicemails at a usable level -- unless it’s just my Optimus misbehaving.

I discovered a workaround completely by accident: call yourself and the voicemails will pop right up, at a normal volume -- you don’t want to turn speakerphone here! And, just like good old cellphones, tap 7 to delete it or 9 to save it. I’ve put a direct dial shortcut on the front page just for quick access. A goofy solution to a goofy problem.

So I assume you’re having the same problem... I’m curious to know if everyone has it, and if not everyone, how many and what makes theirs different. Because it’s annoying that a main feature doesn’t work right and we have to resort to shenanigans like this to get around it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones