Is your Otterbox Commuter case outer shell stretched?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else's rubber case like stretched at the top of the phone so that it annoys the hell outta you when u try to turn the screen on because theres a space between the top of the phone and the rubber

2. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

I have this case. There is a small space between the rubber and phone. I dont have any issues unlocking the phone though
  3. curiousmileo

curiousmileo Member

Yea I have no problem either. Maybe u got a bad case.
  4. thelyon32

thelyon32 Member

Bought two otterbox commuters for his and hers evo's. Both were too loose around the top and bottom of the phone for me. I returned mine and purchased the similar active seidio case. Much better fit and several color options. Plus i got belt clip to go with it. My wife still has the loose-lipped otterbox as she never noticed this to be an issue.
  5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

they got the size slightly wrong. I'm willing to bet all the commuters (don't know about the other otterbox lines) are loose at the top. Not enough of an issue to bother me though.
  6. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

I had this problem with the defender series for my evo 4g
  7. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Well-Known Member

I have this case and I do not like it, too slippery in my opinion. That said I think its a perfect fit... Have had it for a week.
  8. novox77

commuter on my E4G was a snug fit. what's up with that? :)

Also, commuter was designed to be "slippery" so that it doesn't catch in your pocket. I find the ratio of slippery plastic to grippy silicone is perfect. To each his own.
  9. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Well-Known Member

To each his own, agreed. I am waiting on the kickstand case from HTC. It will probably be even more slick lol.
  10. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member

Yes! Got mine release day, and it's getting worse day by day. Sprint warranty is one year, so its going back for an exchange.
  11. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say mine it stretched. It fits nicely. You can create a gap by pulling back the case at the top or bottom, but it's not there unless I manually create the gap purposefully. Hope that makes sense...
  12. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I took mine back the other day. Had the same problem as the OP. Sprint tried to sell me the defender case. Its a little too thick for me. I really like the Commuter case. But that gap at the top bugged me. For the price I paid for it you would think it would fit better. So now I have a cheap case on until my HTC Kickstand case arrives.
  13. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Dirty jokes crossed my mind upon reading this thread.
  14. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

Your bad. lol. Now I can't stop laughing.
  15. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

i hate the otterbox case.. if the rubber was tighter on the phone.. it would be ok..
  16. jean15paul

jean15paul Member

Got my otterbox commuter yesterday. Mine doesn't have a gap, but it's not very tight. I wish it was tighter, but it's not a big deal.
  17. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

Otterbox - yes
    Gap - yes
    Annoying - yes
  18. _Epic

_Epic Well-Known Member

The case specs are wrong. I talked to a regional Otterbox rep that comes by the store every once in a while to show us the newest cases, he said they plan on re-releasing it with the correct specs soon.
  19. ArmageddonX

I think I already know the answer; but do they plan on replacing the cases of the people who bought the older incorrectly sized version? It's not the consumers fault they did the specifications wrong.

If not, should we return our incorrectly sized Commuters now and wait for a re-release?

Once the Commuter is re-released would the incorrectly sized cases qualify for the OtterBox warranty?
    OtterBox Warranty Page - Website

Edit: I'm going to try to Email OtterBox in the morning about this.
    jean15paul and novox77 like this.
  20. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one and that there is a problem with these cases i find my self pressing the top pretty much searching for the power button.anyways so if i take my case back they will reffund my money?
  21. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

Well when they re-release the case I'll buy another one. I really liked the case. I hope it will be soon.
  22. rockyyrem

rockyyrem Member

Yeah, I have the case and it's a bit stretched. Not really a problem for me though... I feel like it may be an OCD thing for some. :)
  23. novox77

Excellent. appreciate the initiative here. please let us know what they say.
  24. ArmageddonX

I just sent the Email. I will let you guys know ASAP.

Here is what I sent:
  25. ArmageddonX

I just heard back from OtterBox, and here is the reply:
    Gotta love a company that stands behind it's products like this.
    jean15paul and novox77 like this.