1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips Is your Otterbox Commuter case outer shell stretched?

1. jean15paul

jean15paul Member

awesome!!!
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

so the question now is: when will we know when the new cases are out?
  3. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

I emailed them 2 weeks ago and got no response....
    :mad:
  4. jean15paul

jean15paul Member

Excellent question! How will we know when the new cases are available? We'll have to keep this threat up to date.

@ArmageddonX: please let us know if you hear anything else.
  5. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

I'll try to Email them every-other Monday (bi-weekly) from now on to get an update from now that I have a rapport with them. Hopefully they will continue to keep us updated. ;)
    novox77 and jean15paul like this.
  6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I have the HTC EVO 3D Commuter case and dropped my phone pretty much flat on the ground (screen down). Because of it's loose fit three corners of my phone are scrapped up pretty good and their are two tiny scratches on my screen at the corners (maybe even fractures). Thanks Otterbox! I emailed them a nice aggravated email and pictures of the damage and have heard nothing back.
  7. jean15paul

jean15paul Member

FYI, I called Otterbox today, and got basically the same info as ArmagedonX. They are aware of the issue and are working on a new case. And they said that it would definitely qualify for a warranty replace.

The one new piece of info that I was told is how to know when the new case is released. They guy said go to the Evo 3D Commuter Case product page. EVO 3D Cases, EVO 3D Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com and look at the sku number right below the price. The last character is an "A" which signifies they are on the initial design. When they roll to the new design that sku will change and will end with a "B".

Hopes this helps.
  8. ArmageddonX

@jean15paul
    Thank you for that! You have saved me many Emails and weeks of correspondence. =)
  9. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

Just got my Otter Commuter today and noticed this. So, what do I do? Come to the androidforums to post about this and of course one of my brethren already has my back :)

Great initiative ArmageddonX. Thanks!
  10. ArmageddonX

Just an update for everyone; I have Emailed OtterBox for an update to the situation. From my understanding from reading the XDA forums, the new "Revision" is still not out. I'm in contact with an OtterBox Community Representative & I'm hoping the new revision will be out soon. I will post here again once I get a reply email. If I don't get a reply, I'll go ahead & call my contact so I can let you guys know one way or the other.
  11. Soufjerzz

Soufjerzz Well-Known Member

This-Yes
  12. ArmageddonX

Ok, the OtterBox representative informed be the first batch of cases were bad. That the new batch of the current revision (A) is good, but we need to get replacements. He is sending me a replacement free in the mail (per the Warranty) and has assured me that it will fix the problem. If it doesn't, I will let you guys (and OtterBox) know.
    jean15paul and novox77 like this.
  13. ArmageddonX

Bad news everyone. As I expected, my replacement Commuter was also stretched out. The OtterBox representative informed me there is absolutely no ETA on Revision-B. I am sending both my OtterBox Cases in for a full refund thanks to OtterBox's amazing Customer Service. It looks like at this point, be happy with your loose Revision-A cases or find an alternative. :(

PS. My Wife purchased the Seidio Surface (Kickstand) Case and it fits perfectly. I have ordered one for myself to replace my Otter.
    novox77 likes this.
  14. jdsingle

I had the same issue with this happening.
  15. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Well, if you can deal with the looseness, you can also rest easier knowing that you have just a tad more shock absorption.

At this point, even if the rev A had fixed the issue, I probably would have been too lazy to switch it out. The case is doing its job regardless.
  16. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

I got the following response from otterbox for my commuter case

"It looks like we narrowed this issue down to one of our manufactures and have fixed the problem! I just sent you out a replacement case through your warranty. Hope fully this one fits correctly for you!! You should be seeing your replacement in about 5-15 business days."
    This was towards the end of September 2011. As promised, I got the replacement in the first week of October - and it is perfect! No stretching (yet). The outer shell is much tighter along the sides (though that should not help with the stretching that was at the top) - looks like they did fix it!
  17. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I just called their toll free number and spoke to a replacement representative. I explained the problem I'm having with my otterbox defender case(gap between the phone & case) - and I'm having a replacement sent out to me within three business days. Don't you just love warranties. :D
  18. curiousmileo

curiousmileo Member

by providing me with a picture of an otterbox commuter case on an evo3d showing its stretchiness? i got the email this weekend and i went to my friends place in ohio and i lost my case somewhere along the line. so now i cant take a picture of my evo showing it cause well, i dont have it. i know what it seems like i am just trying to get a free case but i have the box of the commuter case with me to prove it. so um, im not trying to get banned or seem like "that guy" but i need help.
  19. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

That should be enough to satisfy the warranty, I would think. Otterbox have acknowledged the problem and the box label(s) will verify that yours is from the affected batch.
  20. curiousmileo

curiousmileo Member

so if i took a picture of my box and label and sent them the email all should be well? ok i will try it. maybe i should explain my situation as well?
  21. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

What's the number
  22. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

1-888-695-8820
  23. jdsingle

Will people please respond back and let us know if your replacement is indeed fixing the problem? My replacement made it "better" but it still bothers me that there is still a bit of a gap.
  24. ArmageddonX

My replacement was better but there was still a visible gap so bad that you could see through the gap between the case & the phone. I got my money back. It's unfortunate because I liked the case.
  25. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

Was this case the case that is supposed to be the fixed one? Did it have the same numbers on the box as the other cases did?