Is Your Stock Internet Browser Working?

Is Your Stock Evo Browser Working For You?!?

1. Yes - no problems to report

32 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. No - Its having major issues lately

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. Stock Browser - Who uses that? (Dolphin, Opera, Skyfire etc. user instead)

7 vote(s)
    15.2%

Last Updated:

1. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed more and more users complaining about this "slow" or "page only loading half way than stopping" issues with the stock browser.

Seems only with the stock browser as I am now using Dolphin HD and its amazingly fast -

Advertisement
  2. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

This is an issue that I have from time to time. I notice it the most after the phone has sat for a few hours, especially over night. I have noted it on a couple other threads. I notice more and more people starting to have the same problem.

3. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

I think I used the stock browser for a few minutes after receiving my EVO. NOw its 100% Dolphin.

4. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

As per my earlier thread I am having a problem loading sometimes. The green bar gets stuck halfway and I cant stop the loading process even though it says 'Stopping'. Then it wont let me do anything on that webpage. Hoping this is a common problem so we can get a fix for it.

I think ill try Dolphin but the reviews for it on the market are not that great.

5. Droidone

I am trying out dolphin to see if that helps. I have always found it to he slow though. I do like the additions to dolphin since the last time I used it. If the problem goes away then I will assume its a bug in the evo's browser.

6. doriansoto

doriansoto Member

I am having the same issue with 2 evos. Mine and my gf's. But its not only with the stock browser its with all that I try. Pages won't load and my gf has experienced problems with using the mobile facebook site. Last night I factory reset my phone and it has been working flawlessly...

7. Droidone

A hard reset is my next step.

8. Kickstand

Kickstand Member

Dolphin

9. doriansoto

doriansoto Member

Dolphin skyfire and stock have all given me problems :/

10. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

No problems with stock browser. Did you turn off always-on network?

11. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

Mine acts stupid all the time but I hate dolphin browser and skyline there fast but to much going on I like things simple so i just deal with it, also if u put the mobile shortcut on your screen switching it off and on helps

12. Khaelum

Khaelum Active Member

I loved Dolphin at first, but it seemed to really slow down after a while and began taking way too long to resize the text of sites and fit them to my screen. Loved it up until this point. Went straight back to the stock browser which seems MUCH faster.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk + Swype

13. Droidone

Well I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong. I have been test driving dolphin HD heavily for the last couple hours and it is working out great. I think I will make it my default. I am not having any issues like I had with the stock browser. I notice once pages are in the cache, the pages load very fast and I also moved my cache to SD to save space. My browser lag when typing in forums is gone too. The new improvements are very impressive. Keep in mind, I am using dolphin HD

14. someguy45

someguy45 Member

Stock browser works great for me. Super fast, faster than dolphin and I like thumbnail bookmarks.

15. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Just curious here...how would that resolve the issue?

16. IT-Monkey-Dave

IT-Monkey-Dave New Member

I've had my Evo for 1 day. Previously had an iPhone 3G for almost 2 years. So far my user experience with the Evo is a series of "WTF" moments. The latest is the broken native browser, which is behaving as described above in this thread. "Oh, don't use the native browser, it's broken". Also discovered that the native Sprint Navigation app is "unapproved".

This phone is going to be an unnerving experience for iPhone converts.

17. myriam

myriam Well-Known Member

I don't have problems loading pages, but when I go to New York Times only gives me the mobile version. I go to the settings and uncheck mobile version but it doesn't work. I'm also having problems with Skyfire not showing flash content. What's going on?

18. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

I've had both the 3G and Evo since their respective launch days and have easily transitioned from one to another.

19. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

No problems here, but I still went with Dolphin HD. It's just a better experience.

20. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

I've been using xScope, I love it, and it is very fast. does either dolphin or the stock browser use flash lite? if so do you have any sites that I could test xScope on? I have not been to a website that I know uses flash without getting the "you need flash" message. It looks like google chrome, and may also use the same engine for page rendering. I do not think I have even used the stock browser once.