• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IsIs there an app for selected folder access from the screen?

6StringDave

Aug 3, 2011
I have not seen this type of shortcut available as part of Android. Not to an existing folder, or for any folder which I may choose (ie wherever I may choose to store my media files). If you sort your media by category and not the app, then Android's new folder option is of no use.

The closest I've come to finding what I need in an app is Tasker. What's bad about this is that this requires another app to be installed, and it is quite awful. Worse is that it will not look at my internal phone storage, which I have been trying to utilize.

In short, I am looking for a specific shortcut function which is common with all desktop OS's, but Android is beeing a real pain about. I may need an app, and then a good one, in order to overcome this. Can anyone help with this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones