• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Isn't anyone afraid...

I'm not even sure that I'll get a new phone when my 2 year contract is up. I had my last phone (an LG clamshell with no camera) for like five years. There was nothing wrong with it so I didn't want a new phone. All the phones that were coming out before the incredible were so annoying (slow speeds, unnecessary buttons, too big, too small, etc..). I love the design of this phone. It's perfect for what it is.

Upvote 0
If you spend all your time waiting for the next best thing, then you'll never have anything. This applies to most purchases (cars, appliances, etc), it's just that consumer electronics evolve at a much faster rate.

Even if this device falls by the wayside after 6mo-1yr~ and receives no updates from HTC, there will be custom ROMs once root is acquired.

More and more Android apps are coming out each day as well, and the combined sales of Android handsets indicate that they are flying off the shelves, so demand for said apps is not going to wane anytime soon.

Hardware is only as good as the software that runs on it, and software is only as good as the developers and community that support it.

So an update, I am in no way disappointed in my choice of this phone. A couple of days ago I finally decided to root & Wow.

I loved the phone before I rooted it but now it seems faster and smoother than ever.

Running CyanogenMod 6.1 & Invisiblek's #28 kernel.

iWhat?

I may not even want to upgrade!

Upvote 0
I agree with the OP about the form factor. I dislike hard keyboards, and really like the size of the DINC. I could posibly deal with a 4" screen, but other than that I would be perfectly happy if I could only have that form factor and size. Now, about the skins and software...well...I like choice. I would really hate being tied to Sense or vanilla or Motoblur. I love switching ROMS (although CM6.1 has had me for some time), and would never give any of the options up.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
First off, I hate droid fanboys just as much as apple fanboys. The idea there is one right choice is silly.

Some people don't see their phone as a toy, its just a phone. They may use it just as much in their day to day life, but aren't really curious about how it works, what limits they can push it to, or what all the abilities and options are. They just want a phone that works, and don't want to have to relearn a whole new UI or way of doing things every time they buy a new phone. They want familiarity and consistency. iPhone is perfect for this.

Dorids cater to a bit different crowd. Like for the people that like to tweak out on their phone for a week straight, pushing it to its limits, seeing what all it can do... basically a toy on top of a phone. (thats where I fall).

So, I don't think anyone can tell you if HTC will pick a model or two, and stick with it, only putting updated OS and a feature or two on it. I think a lot of the droid sales are driven by phone geeks wanting the latest and greatest. If you put out 4 versions of the incredible, all with minor differences, it won't generate as much buzz and sales as, the new best thing will.

If you want stability and consistency, I think the iPhone is your best bet. More control and features, droid.

But I can guess, that there will always at least be some type of slate (or whatever) latest and greatest around... might not be the incredible (or evo) anymore, but the form factor itself isn't going away.

Reactions: commander24
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones