• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Isn't it Time for Something Really New in Touch Device Interfaces?

i got global badge alerts via Nova Launcher Prime, Tesla plugin, Missed it! (all paid apps, when this should really be built-in) and it seems to never work perfectly. i seem to have this need to go into Nova settings and then Missed It! settings and refresh which defeats the convenience of having them in the first place. i have also tried other launchers. for soem reason Go Launcher with its badge plugin works perfectly on my phone, but on Jelly Bean seems either unsupported or non-functional as nothing shows at all. on an ICS tablet it works for Yahoo! mail but nothing else. unfortunately there is no workable replacement on Android yet and that really does bother me.

Upvote 0
i got global badge alerts via Nova Launcher Prime, Tesla plugin, Missed it! (all paid apps, when this should really be built-in) and it seems to never work perfectly. i seem to have this need to go into Nova settings and then Missed It! settings and refresh which defeats the convenience of having them in the first place. i have also tried other launchers. for soem reason Go Launcher with its badge plugin works perfectly on my phone, but on Jelly Bean seems either unsupported or non-functional as nothing shows at all. on an ICS tablet it works for Yahoo! mail but nothing else. unfortunately there is no workable replacement on Android yet and that really does bother me.

Don't know what's going on there. I had the Nova Launcher/Tesla alerts working on my Note 1 as well as this phone, previously. They didn't give me any issues other than sometimes not clearing immediately on the Note 1.

Upvote 0
i am not sure why but whenever a notification appears in the status bar as it should, i have to go into Nova Settings and then turn off and back on the 'unread count' feature and then go back to the home screen, and THEN it shows the badge. also, when they should clear (when i get a say, 5, on Facebook, and load the app the '5' should go away when getting back on home) i also have to go into Nova Settings, switch the feature off and back on, and then the number disappears. i have tried everything, including all available options in Missed it! and the widget monitor trick and all, read the global how-to verbatim, still won't happen automatically unless i turn off and back on the feature in settings.

not sure why the same feature is completely non-functional in Go Launcher-works fine on the other devices, not sure if Jelly Bean is supported though either

Upvote 0
Thanks! It's still a work in progress but I'm enjoying the experience so far. I'd say it was worth the work and the learning curve. Definitely worth trying out if you're interested.

I know plenty of Android Enthusiasts would be willing to take on a learning curve to experience some new. I know I love modding my phone to perform differently, let alone look different.

Reactions: zc1
Upvote 0
Played around with it a bit more. Shown are the Lock Screen and main home screen.

Lock_zps131db0d1.jpg
home_zpsf3b8d776.jpg
Home1_zps7df464ee.jpg

Theme was going from outside the building (lock screen) to inside the room (home screen).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones