Isnt the 2.1 update supposed to be soon?General

Last Updated:

1. luke318is

luke318is Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I remember hearing that the 2.1 update was supposed to be in September....is this true? Is everyone on the edge of their seat right now? Or has it been pushed back?

Advertisement
  2. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

coming inweek 38 towards the end of the month, not sure but I think that may be 21st to 28th? Could probably add a week or so probably if your phone is branded while the networks add in their delays

3. luke318is

My network (fido) does not carry my phone, hence it is unlocked. Will this be an issue? I thought I would be getting 2.1 through Sony update.

4. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter whether it's locked or unlocked, if your phone is branded you will get the branded update from SEUS, but maybe after those with unbranded phones.

When you boot up your phone, after seeing "Sony Ericsson" what happens? Do you get the Sony Ericsson animation or do you see a telephone company? (Rogers or AT&T for example). If it's branded, it's likely that you would see the company logo. You can debrand your phone if you want, just search the forum or let us know if you can't find out.

5. luke318is

My phone is branded to rogers, but sim card unlocked. So when 2.1 comes out, how do i get it? just use the Update Service from Sony?

6. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

Yup it'll prompt you to use SEUS from your notification bar when it's available like with the firmware updates

7. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

And while this is entirely true, you should know that Rogers' update might be available later.

8. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

id heard week 19th-25th sept.
    not fussed when, just wished it would Hurry The muck Up!!

9. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

once 2.1 comes...watch the complaints come flooding in due to another balls up by SE!!

10. biffsmash

biffsmash Well-Known Member

Only thing I am waiting for is an upgrade to the camera software. I am hoping the low light shots are better. Only thing i'm jealous of on my brother's HTC Desire is the camera, which takes great low light shots.

Im thinking though, that the actual LED flash on the Desire is better though, as it seems to be a lot brighter, so i'm preparing myself for disappointment.

As for everything else, I can take it or leave it. I just wish they gave you 7 Homescreens instead of 5, as i'll still be using ADW lol

Biff.

11. biffsmash

biffsmash Well-Known Member

As for mess ups by SE, I have never had problems with new upgrades while on Orange UK, but I am forever reading Vodafone UK forums where they seems to have endless problems with updates. Maybe the carriers should assume more responsibility for buggy updates.