Issue after updateSupport

1. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

I received some kind of ota update this morning and since then my wifi and 4g have been turning on automatically. I can't seem to keep them off. I'm not really sure if other issues are there either but just notice those.

Can anyone help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

It's the Sprint Connections Optimizer. So far, the only solution I can figure out is to force stop it, but that's only temporary. I'm sure there is a more permanent solution, but I'm still looking for it as of now.

EDIT--Found it. Menu>Settings>Under Wireless and Networks choose More>Mobile Networks>Sprint Connections Optimizer>Uncheck the box for it. Just did this to mine, hopefully that will kill it for good.
  3. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

Thanks. Turned it off and lets see how it acts.

Are you also experiencing bad battery usage since the update? I have been. Maybe its the optimizer so we'll see how it goes. From 100% I can get maybe 2 hours +/_ before its roughly 50% remaining.
  4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Battery life hasn't been great for me since the ICS update. However, the Optimizer made it even worse. With it off, at least my battery life is back to where I had it before the FL24 update.
  5. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

I wonder if jellybean will fix the battery life problem
  6. john_ralph

john_ralph Well-Known Member

assuming we get jellybean.
  7. iTzKPanda

Well, Europe's SGS2's are getting it.
    So hopefully American companies (mainly Sprint :)) gets around to sending it out in a... reasonable amount of time.
  8. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Well-Known Member

I've been hearing from the Sprint stores that Jellybean is due out this month.

Can't say whether it will fix the battery issue, though.
  9. iTzKPanda

I hope you're right. My birthday is this month so it would be nice :)
    But, Sprint stores were wrong for a while about ICS so I'm not going to put my hopes too high up.