Issue Booting to Recovery after Unrevoked2

Last Updated:

1. SeaGrizzly

SeaGrizzly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys me again sorry I am having so much trouble but now I have gotten to the point where it tells me the upgrade went well and is done, but now when I try and get into recovery it just goes back to the Bootloader screen and won't boot into recovery even with the adb reboot recovery command. I tried to run the unrevoked again and it passed but when it does the last reboot to recovery is sits for a second the phone does nothing and then says done. I would have assumed it would have booted to the recovery console at that point?

Could I be missing something silly?

Advertisement
  2. SeaGrizzly

Ok well this I think is pretty bad, I am now trying on my Mac and have done everything I can think of the phone is not going into recovery after the windows version of EVO2 said that it finished. I can boot the the bootloader go to recovery and then it goes back to boot loader again.

I am at a loss now because I think I really messed something up.

3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Once its done flashing the recovery console it should reboot the phone into the recovery console. If that didn't happen then something went wrong. Try the unrevoked2 app again and see if it works this time. Report back here.

4. SeaGrizzly

Yea didn't work and couldn't get into recovery console, now in the process of getting stock phone back and will root again and try the update. Hope it works this time.

5. SeaGrizzly

I even went so far as to downgrade, re-root, and then run the EVO2 again and same issue after I run the program it says it was complete and then I can't access recover console again. I got no flipping clue what is going on. Everybody makes it sound like root is the hard part, but I am seeing that this EVO2 is the one giving me issues.

6. elborak

elborak Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you followed the instructions exactly (right drivers, no HTC Sync or doubleTwist, phone in Charge Only mode...).

7. SeaGrizzly

Well I finally got it no clue how or why but I ran it again and tried to uninstall the driver while the update was going and bam worked? Again no idea why or how but now it works. Thanks for the help guys.