• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issue Booting to Recovery after Unrevoked2

SeaGrizzly

Jun 14, 2010
Hey guys me again sorry I am having so much trouble but now I have gotten to the point where it tells me the upgrade went well and is done, but now when I try and get into recovery it just goes back to the Bootloader screen and won't boot into recovery even with the adb reboot recovery command. I tried to run the unrevoked again and it passed but when it does the last reboot to recovery is sits for a second the phone does nothing and then says done. I would have assumed it would have booted to the recovery console at that point?

Could I be missing something silly?

Ok well this I think is pretty bad, I am now trying on my Mac and have done everything I can think of the phone is not going into recovery after the windows version of EVO2 said that it finished. I can boot the the bootloader go to recovery and then it goes back to boot loader again.

I am at a loss now because I think I really messed something up.

Upvote 0
I even went so far as to downgrade, re-root, and then run the EVO2 again and same issue after I run the program it says it was complete and then I can't access recover console again. I got no flipping clue what is going on. Everybody makes it sound like root is the hard part, but I am seeing that this EVO2 is the one giving me issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones