• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue: Dismount/disappearing defect in the Included 8GB MicroSD?

Can someone please post a link at the beginning of the thread or here to let me know what the solution is? I really don't feel like wading through the 250 posts on here.

Thanks
69a81a29cc74fb154bc010a61c243515.gif

Executive Summary:
Stock SD Cards seem to have issues. Root cause is software based according to HTC.

Interim Solution:
1. Download & Install SD Formatter from Home - SD Association onto a PC
2. Hook up Evo to PC & copy off HTC Sync, which you'll need if you wish to use wired USB tethering.
3. Use SD Formatter and FULL FORMAT the card.

Interim Solution #2:
1. If the above does not work, replace SD card with another. Class 4 or higher SEEMS to be more stable.

Upvote 0
I need a quick answer please.... Is it ok if tomorrow when I get my EVO that I use a different 8gb sd card that I have which is a class 4 instead of the one that comes with the phone??? I ask b/c I thought someone said something to the effect that the 8gb sd card that comes with the phone has the htc sync app on it???

please someone confirm or help me get an answer so I know what to do!!! I appreciate it very much and HAPPY EVO'S FOR US ALL ENJOY IT WE ALL DESERVE IT!!!
happy.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Upvote 0
For the curious, I just applied the update myself. Am going on vacation for a week tomorrow, so I'll root when I return.

Took maybe 5-7 minutes to complete. The Evo rebooted several times during the process. My SD card mounted without issue afterwards. I'm hoping this solves the issue, and if so, major kudos to HTC for fixing it by launch day!

Upvote 0
When I got the EVo this morning upon the second reboot, the OTA came in and I was so damn excited that I said yes, not knowing that the Root was now gone the way of the Dodo bird. Oh well. I'll rather have the SD card issue fixed than root at this time.

TS

If you skim XDA, there are (unconfirmed) reports that you can still root via Toast's method.

I wouldn't worry about it... they or the Unrevoked team will have it running again within a day or two tops. Just depends on whether they stop to enjoy a beer or two.

Upvote 0
The update didn't do anything for me. Every time I mount the Evo on my computer, the SD card shows up as unavailable in settings/sd & phone storage. I can still put stuff in the SD folders on my desktop, but the Evo no longer registers the card. I did a quick format with SDFormatter, though the Evo recognized it as damaged and reformatted it again afterward.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones