1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Issue during call - How to get screen back on???

1. bigtalente

bigtalente Member

Hello. I have no problems with jsut a regular call.

problem gets to be when taking phone from my ear and or typing numbers in menu on a call. when i initially take the phone from my ear the screen then awakenes and i can use it. then after a very short period it goes black again and i can get it back to awaken and the call is still on and i cant hang up or push additional buttons to address automated menus etc...

probably user erro but how do i get the phone to awaken while on a call and the screen goes inactive? asleep? whatever.....

thank you very much. im sure its mee but its driving me nuts....
    thanks in advance.

eric

Advertisement
  2. redifrogger

redifrogger Well-Known Member

Press power button on top.
  3. aarn660

aarn660 Active Member

When this happens to me i usually stick my finger over the light sensor in the top left for a second and then move it away and it will become active again.
  4. bigtalente

bigtalente Member

yes i have tried that and doesnt work. either does running hand over the screen or tapping screen. call jsut goes on with a black screen.

sorry should have written that.
  5. bigtalente

bigtalente Member

sorry yes have tried the sensor becuase i notice when take away from face its lights up fine, initially any way....
  6. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

Mine was doing this and annoying the heck out of me. If you want a temporary fix to it (until HTC fixes it with an update or something), try this:

1. Go to the Market and download Keepscreen.
    2. Once it is installed, open it and click on "Applications"
    3. Select Dialer, Dialer Storage, and DM Command service.
    4. These selections will turn green letting you know that you are good to go.

That's it. It works very well for me. :)
    dcarroll23 likes this.