Issue in Updating ICS from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 after reaching the recovery screen

1. rahulc13

rahulc13 Member

Hi

I earlier received the OTA for 4.0.3 but when 4.0.4 update was released I didn't received the same, so tried getting it manually done.

Followed the steps mentioned here: How To Manually Update Android 4.0.4 ICS On Nexus S | ValueWalk

Everything is going fine till Step No. 5... but after that I am facing an issue.

1. When I select 'recovery' this is what happens:
    2. The screen goes blank
    3. The 'Google' logo appears
    4. for a second the 'yellow exclamation mark appears'
    5. The next second I see a 'red exclamation mark' over the android logo.
    6. The screen goes blank with menu buttons lights on.
    7. The phone restarts after a while.

I am having a rooted 4.0.3 with stock firmware.

Requesting assistance for the same.

Advertisement
    :
  2. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

The reason you are "stuck" at this point is because your device is looking for the recovery. Easiest way is to flash a custom recovery as you did when you rooted. Well if you are/were rooted you will have used the adb method for communication with and subsequently the flashing of your device. You are obviously halfway there. Go to the bootloader again (from off with vol up + power on) at that point connect to your PC via USB (if you already have the ADB drivers installed properly your PC should recognise the device.
    Open the command prompt from where your adb command files are located by holding the shift button and right clicking the folder. You now have the command prompt > type fastboot devices - this should return a long text and numerical string (youir device S/N > your device is recognised by Windows OS > now you need to reflash your custom recovery (I assume it's CWM - I'd recommend the Touch version 5.8.0.2) > after it has flashed the custom recovery reboot the bootloader and choose recovery followed by selecting to install from sd-card and choose the zip file you want to flash. That should do it.
    rahulc13 likes this.
  3. rahulc13

rahulc13 Member

Thanks a lot...

issue resolved...

@Mods... request you to close the thread..