• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue regarding contacts

Elanz

Sep 9, 2010
Hey.
This problem is wide, so ill start from the beginning.
My contact list filled up with 20-30 duplicates of each facebook friend i had.
I checked around, and found out they were under the category "com.facebook.auth.login". So i deleted the syncing of facebook from my phone.
Now, my contactlist wont load, it hangs up while trying. i cant select view from the menu, to uncheck or check contact categories. And check this out: i tried calling someone from a sms they sent me. If i try to hold my finger long at the sms, to get the menu to call that person, the app "SMS" shuts down. My android is in norwegian, so im just guessing the english word they used, but im sure you get it. So then i tried something else. Writing the number down, then calling it manually. I cant even do that, after i type in the number and press Call, the number area just blanks out and "resets".

Im running a GSM HTC Hero, newest update of android.

personally i am really sick of this phone. all i have encountered so far is problems, none of them with good solutions.

I really need to make a few calls right away.

Does anyone know the solution? or anything that could help?

EDIT:
Oh yeah, just noticed that i cant even write an sms.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones