• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root issue resolved - help reinstalling unrooted to stock

steve_vn

Lurker
Oct 6, 2012
Issue resolved.
------------
I believe I "bricked" my =Atrix 4G MB860, AT&T, Unlocked, UNROOTED/STOCK= phone while trying to get it to connect to 3G service in SE Asia.

I inadvertantly entered the "US band" option found via the *#*#3646#*#* pathway. (it's a select radio band option that looked like I could specify a non-us band.) I googled the symptoms and from what I can tell, reinstalling the SBF using RSD-Lite is the way to go. I've tried to locate a how-to that I feel comfortable following but can't quite find it.

I have downloaded:

1FF-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-ATT-US-GAS_NA_OLPSGBATTSPE_P012.sbf
&
RSDLite 5.7

I'm running Windows 7 on an Asus i3core computer. I have all the USB cables etc. that came with the phone. If someone can point me to the thread/website that clearly explains the process for reinstalling the sbf, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones