• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help issue SD Card

nerydlg

Jan 11, 2011
hi! well, the problem is that sometimes when I want listen music appears the message : "this format can't read", but if I restart the cellphone and wait to media scann finish, the cellphone can read this track, I have this problem in average each 3 days.

can somebody help me whit this problem??

thanks and excuse me for my poor English :p

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done. I've had issue's with my Epic and SD cards and this is my 3rd phone and SD card but I continue to have the same problem with my SD card being fine in the phone but won't always load the files onto the screen. I have to constantly reboot the phone until everything shows up and everything works fine but it is a PIA to have to go through. Sprint is aware of the SD card problems but they don't have the answer. Don't listen to anything they try to tell you because it will usually be, "Do a hard reset on the phone", "Take the battery out and reboot the phone", "Take it to a Sprint service center", or some other lame answer. The problem is there is an issue with the phone and the SD cards but they don't know what to do about it. I'm hoping the problem will be fixed with the OTA Gingerbread update which should happen in November given they aren't still having error issue's with it. Samsung won't do anything either so we'll have to just wait and see if Gingerbread fixes it. If not then it's definitely a hardware issue and I'm trading my Epic in for something other than Samsung.

Jim

Reactions: nerydlg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones