Issue syncing Incredible to computer for file transfersSupport

Last Updated:

1. Demoted

Demoted New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 5, 2010
    Wondering if you all could help me out; I'm probably just a bumbling idiot, but any help would be appreciated.

When I connect my phone to my laptop (running Windows 7 ultimate if that helps at all) it initially had issues collecting and recognizing the drivers. I went to HTC support, didn't find exactly what I needed as far as drivers were concerned but eventually, for some reason my computer officially detected my device, its drivers, and stated that it was ready to be used.

Now I go to attempt to transfer music, but there's no icon in the my computer tray saying that the phone's connected as a mass storage device. I opened up Windows Media Player and it isn't in there as a synced device either. I used the disc that came with the phone but it seems to only have an application that tracks my exact usage (as far as minutes, texts, and data as well as transferring contacts and calendars which I'm not interested in) as opposed to something that helps actually sync my device for putting music on it.

Please, bear with me here. It's my first true smartphone as my previous one was a Blackberry Curve 8330. It opened the exact way I would prefer this one to: as a mass storage device.

Any glaringly obvious mistakes I'm making? Or is there a problem that could be hardware related on my end?

2. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010

Settings>Connect to PC

There is a box you can select to 'ask me' what action to use when it is plugged in via USB to a PC. You can also change the default connection type here as well (Charge only, HTC Sync, Disk Drive, Mobile Broadband Connect).

The one you want to use is Disk Drive. You don't need any additional software installed for this to work.