Issue w/ streaming radio programsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Baboontyme

Baboontyme Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi....looking for some help/suggestions.

I use my streaming radio apps a lot...in particular RadioTime and iheartradio so that I can listen to some local programming while I work out. I just downloaded the ESPN Radio app for the same purposes.

These programs seemed to work pretty well at first. I seemed to have a steady signal, the buffering was smooth, etc. Lately not so much. Often times they are so choppy it's not even worth listening....and I don't think it's a signal issue as I have also experienced this when I'm outside riding my bike. And I live in a very populated suburb with extremely strong coverage.

Also I have noticed particularly with RadioTime and the ESPN app that they seem to "time out" after 10-15 minutes. The program will be running along streaming just fine, and all of a sudden it just stops and I have to wake up the phone, turn the stream off and then turn the stream on again to get it rolling. Very irritating.

I figure this must be something in the settings for the phone, since the programs themselves have very few settings.

Any ideas? Help is very much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. tubs

tubs Active Member

I have an Incredible, and I have the same issue with ESPN radio. It'll just stop all of a sudden, and my signal is just fine here at work. I stumbled on your thread after doing a quick google of the issue..

I'm thinking this has to do with "enable always-on mobile data" since I have that unchecked (to save battery life, of course). do you have that setting unchecked too?

3. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

With radiotime I try to always pick the mp3 stream. It seems to be much more stable than the aac.

4. tubs

tubs Active Member

so i just tested espn radio out with 'enable always-on mobile data' checked, and it still stopped about 10-15 minutes in. i now have no idea what's wrong

5. Baboontyme

Baboontyme Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, edlex. I will give that a try.

Unfortunately with the ESPN and iHeartradio apps, I don't believe you can choose your stream. tubs, I messed around with some of those settings, too....but no luck.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

6. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

I just installed IHeartRadio and tried listening to RushRadio1200 asnd it just says "connecting" and never connects. I tried a few other stations - same problem.

I am on 4G with 4 or 5 bars, but I tried 3G.

Any ideas?

7. TambourineMan

So Pandora works on my EVO. IHeartRadio works on my G1 (on ATT). IHeartRadio still does not work on my EVO. It just says connecting and never connects/buffers.

( I lost my 4G signal in the burbs west of Boston (they must have just been testing - it was nice while it lasted), so I am just on 3G now.

Anyone got any ideas?

8. TambourineMan

I emailed IHeartRadio several days ago about my problem, but have not heard anything.

Anyone got any ideas?