Issue when Switching from Saved Scenes with Live Wallpaper?Support

Last Updated:

1. cryptiq

cryptiq Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else have issues when switching from a saved scene with live wallpaper to a different scene - it always prompts you to save even if there are no changes?

When I switch from a scene with static wallpaper, if there are no changes, I don't get the prompt to save the current scene - and this is the expected behavior since there are no changes. However, if I load a saved scene that has live wallpaper, and then switch to any other scene (without making changes to the current scene), I'm always prompted to Save/Cancel. Seems like a glitch to me, anyone else have this issue?

I'm guessing this occurs because even though you're not changing the wallpaper, the wallpaper itself is changing since it's "live"?

Advertisement
  2. jonhammond52

jonhammond52 Banned

If i switch scenes, the phone deletes all my homescreens and settings. I wish i had a save prompt

3. cryptiq

bump - now that more folks are online, can anyone test out what I mentioned above and post results? I'll report it to HTC, I just want to see if anyone else is also experiencing the issue. TIA guys.

4. cryptiq

bump...anyone?

5. u2gator

u2gator Member

I am having that same issue. I have a couple of different live wallpaper scenes that I switch between (but not regulary) and it does ask me to save my scene even though I have made no chages to it. It is kind of annoying.

cryptiq likes this.
  6. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

Im getting prompts to save scene changes pretty regularly, even when I dont change anything.

I've never paid attention to the situation in which it was occuring, but i'll keep yours in mind and see if mine is having the issue.

Also, about one in every 5 or 10 times i switch to a scene the "grass" live wallpaper my phone reboots. Really annoying,

Only happens when switching TO a live wallpaper, anyone having similar issues?

7. cryptiq

I too have issues with grass live wallpaper...not sure exactly what scenario it happens in, but often times it would revert to a different static wallpaper that I recently used.

8. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

yea i don't like it that if i create a cusom scene called custom1 for example then i make one small change to it that it becomes another scene that i have to save. i would much prefer to just have 1 scene that i can customize and change as i wish to.

9. cryptiq

Agree...kinda. You can customize your scene, but when you save it, you have to save it as the same name.

I think what you mean to say is that when you make the change to a current scene, when you change scenes, it should prompt you to save current scene or save as a new scene - thereby not having to retype the name of your scene each time you want to save changes to it.

10. SpaceAvenger

SpaceAvenger New Member

Just want to put my name in the hat had say I'm having the same issue with regards to changing from scenes with live wallpaper. It is pretty annoying. I love to live wallpapers though and hope more are created and shared.

11. hgoldner

hgoldner Well-Known Member

me too. Wish there was a workaround. Just have to keep reloading my live wallpaper. It turns on to my "last" wallpaper before I chose a live one.

Only happens when the phone is completely turned off then on again.