issue with answering calls - phone lockedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jokom

Jokom Member This Topic's Starter

Both myself and partner have the HTC desire. Today we have both had issues with the phone ringing and we cannot answer it. The phone is locked and will not unlock. Tried taking the battery out as could not find another way of restarting it, but this has not helped.

Any ideas why both have started doing this today? both are on Orange if that is any help.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

You should slide down to answer when locked, just as you would to unlock the phone or accept an alarm/appointment reminder.

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Could you give us some more info. When you say the phone was locked, you mean the screen was on, and the lock pattern was on hte screen when a call came in?

4. Jokom

yes the screen is on and the thing shows how to unlock, but you cannot. I am now having to call everyone back because rejecting the call does clear the issue. but it is rather silly to have a phone which I now cannot answer :(

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

i dont actually use the unlock pattern myself, i'll try it and get someone to call me as a test and let you know. It would be helpful if someone else could try this too :p

6. Karolis

Karolis Well-Known Member

I have tried it with no lock screen / no lock pattern - works
    Lock screen / no lock patter - works
    Lock screen / lock patter - works

There's definitely something wrong with your phone. Get a replacement.

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

but with both of their phones? It sounds more like them not understanding how to answer a call. When the pattern lock sceen is used and you get a call, how do you answer it?

8. Karolis

Karolis Well-Known Member

I missed the part where it was mentioned that the problem exists on two phones.

You don't need to enter pattern to answer the phone - you're simply not prompted for that.

9. Bearo

Bearo Well-Known Member

Yea I have pattern lock thing and you just scroll down to answer calls like normal.

10. Jokom

if the phone rings, I two fingers to open the phone and then it is possible to speak. It has not happened today to mine, but my partners is still unanswerable. so any thoughts gratefully recieved. (particularly if I am doing something wrong!)

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

ok just tried it and no problems for me.

What do you mean two fingers to open the phone? When a call comes through slide down using one finger to answer it?

12. Jokom

it does nothing then, and says two on the screen

13. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

that just sounds strange!

I suppose my only advice is to do a factory rest, losing all your settings and apps, although you can back these up.

Oh, have you upgraded to the latest firmware? Try that first.

settings > about phone > system software updates > check now

14. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I have a lock pattern and sim PIN code, and can answer just fine using the same motion as you would to unlock.

Can you post a pic of what you see when the call comes, and where this 'two' appears?

15. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

This has been moved to the desire forum ... where more people may see it ... and mayb be able to share some insight ...

16. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Tried a factory reset or a general reset?

17. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :D

18. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Do you have a pattern lock enabled?

19. PdiddyNZ

PdiddyNZ New Member

Hi,

First internet post ever .. but I wanted to share this info.

I can confirm I had the exact same problem.. Dam Annoying!!
    Upon investigation I had placed a security screen protector that I bought from vodafone which for some reason made the screen non responsive.
    As soon as I took this off it was fine. I think that screen protector was too thick and was obviously affecting the touch screen. I now have a thinner screen protector on it and it works fine.

Hope this helps.. Good luck!!

20. marvo

marvo Member

Hi, new to Android and HTC, been lurking here for a few weeks. Bought unbranded Desire on Orange two weeks ago, unchanged from original, no downloads, no tinkering with software, no email set up, just numbers imported from old 2g sim. New handset occasionally locked up (froze) when receiving incoming call, couldnt answer it, later also got error message "sorry, process system not responding" Force close/Wait, either option resulted in several minutes long freeze and reboot, so took phone back to shop. (and no record of missed call in log) CPW exchanged for new handset (thank you) without question and told me they had sold many Desire handsets, and none had been brought back with this problem.

New handset since yesterday, imported phone numbers, set up email, downloaded Advanced task killer free, and some google stuff (new maps - very good).
    Today, after task killing facebook, I get error message "Sorry, the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". Force close.

Is it me? Could it be the new 3G sim (common to both phones) could it be the Android software? Could it be the task killer?

Not to derail your thread, just adding my common experience, with two Desires.