Issue with attaching new Google account to my Hero, unable to back-up SMS (or anything)Support

Last Updated:

1. benparsons

benparsons Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Similar questions have been posted before (1, 2, 3), but with no resolution, so I thought I'd post a more specific query if that's ok...

I changed my main Google/gmail account recently, and decided to update my Hero, but having cleared the data from Google Apps (in Manage Applications) I now can't connect my new account due to the problems described here and here.

I'm pretty much resigned to doing a factory reset (annoying though), but is there any way I can back up SMS messages? Some data I can extract from the sdcard, but I can't install anything to back-up SMS as I'm unable to install anything from the market.

So if anyone has any info on either of these issues I'd be really grateful - I'd either like to avoid having to do a reset, or find some way of backing-up without having access to the market.

thanks in advance,
    Ben.

Advertisement
  2. NewToAndroid6969

NewToAndroid6969 Member

I have same problem but would like to backup the Apps not the SMS and I can't install anything from the market either.

3. benparsons

benparsons Member This Topic's Starter

I just did a factory reset - but not without sweeping the web trying to find a solution.
    People on this forum were especially helpful as you can see.