issue with background process in ICSSupport

Last Updated:

1. ramjai2007

ramjai2007 Member

Hi

I've updated my Live with Walkman to the latest ICS. I tried to turn off the background data so that it'll save my battery life. I've done it b4 in gingerbread, but I couldn't find it under Accounts and sync in ICS. Somehow I found the background process is in different place. The path is as follows.

Settings-->Developer options-->Background process limit-->No background process.

Now the issue is, after selecting that option my phone started to misbehave. My call logs are not saved. (i.e) if I get two missed calls, notification shows it. But wen I click it, the number or the name of the caller is not saved in the log. Many important calls are missed. Also the gallery opens and shows the albums, but when I select a picture, gallery quits or the picture loads with the blur quality not openin in good quality also after giving plenty of time for the picture to load. Why is this issue with background process? Or do I selected the wrong option? If so what is purpose of that "Background process limit" and the "don't keep activities" option. Anyone have this same issue? Could anyone help me on this? Am sorry if I'm brief.

Pls reply...
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement