Issue with contacts after updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. nsanity

nsanity New Member This Topic's Starter

Having just updated my hero to the latest firmware 1.5 I seem to have lost the ability to save contacts as 'google' contacts. I can save them as phone or sim contacts but not as google. I can go into gmail, add contact, and sync no problem but this is a roundabout solution to this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. sthein

sthein New Member

Hi, I had this problem too, but came across a solution on another website. If you go to manage application, then to google apps. Then go in an press clear. Then go to data synchronisation and click on google. It will ask you to re-input data for google, and then it should work again. Might want to back up, even though it didn't wipe any of my data; its just a good idea.

Hope it helps

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

To clear up any possible confusion later, the update was actually for your device ROM (2.73.xxx.x). The ' firmware' refers to the Android OS which for the Hero has been v1.5 a.k.a. Cupcake since it was launched.

4. nsanity

nsanity New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks sthein, that worked a treat! Much appreciated. Didn't delete any data either.

And yeah my bad Slug, I meant update 2.73.xxx.x rather than 1.5, which was what the latest rom update referred to.