Issue with contacts from phone app...Support

Last Updated:

1. 5murphy7

5murphy7 Member This Topic's Starter

If I click the contact app on the app list my contacts pulls up perfectly fine. But if I click the phone quick link on the home page and click contact it flashes, showing (0 contacts), then goes back to the home screen, then I lose all service...haha. The service comes right back though. Very odd. This all started after I had the verizon employee sync over all my contacts from Storm1. Fix? :( YouTube - MOV09998.MPG

Advertisement
  2. 5murphy7

5murphy7 Member This Topic's Starter

No help? Dang! :(

3. just4747

just4747 Well-Known Member

Already solved this for a few friends. You'll have to reset the data to factory settings (somewhere in the settings menu of the phone, like security menu or something).

This is because when BB or whoever tries to transfer contacts from certain other phones, it just doesn't do it correctly.

My friend had then transferred from a Storm and same thing happened.
    When we reset to factory data/settings, it clears that contact database and is fine.

You'll lose your data though so back up everything you can (apps, messages, calendar, memos, etc...).

Keep us updated.

EDIT: where do you get that live wallpaper again?

4. mIQ Live

mIQ Live Well-Known Member

Yeah, unfortunately this is becoming pretty common when all the service stores transfer over the data... It just doesn't come through correctly! (specifically coming from BB)

I would suggest using the free MIQ app to back everything up for your restore. This backs up contacts, text, photos, videos, bookmarks ect. to a private web account. When you restore you just download the app again and log in to get all your data back... You can also sign in online to manage your account. Pretty slick!

Hope that helps! Good luck with the restore.