Issue with Dolphin Browser

Last Updated:

1. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For the record, I have already restarted my phone several times, and even taken the battery out to be sure. Anyhow, I have upgraded to Froyo 2.2, and after that update, I updated my Dolphin Browser. I have Google as my homepage, and now, every single time I open Dolphin, and it goes to Google, I get a popup from Google saying it wants permission to know my location. I have made sure the green check mark is checked, that indicates it wants to remember this action. Yet every time I log on, it asks me for my location each and every time. It is getting very frustrating. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, is it fixable?

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Mine does the same thing only I have it set up to delete history and cache at exit so it probably erases location as well.

3. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As a test, I set mine to delete history and cache after exit, and set it as a default setting. When I log back in, the boxes are unchecked again. Apparently, Dolphin is not remembering any type of preference. Curiously though, it does remember my homepage.

4. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Well-Known Member

compablity issues with 2.2 maybe?

5. jlbattagli

jlbattagli Well-Known Member

Try tweaking your location settings (Menu>Settings>Loction) and see if that helps.

6. Nateonator

Nateonator Well-Known Member

I apologize for hijacking the thread but I have a dolphin browser issue that you guys might be able to help with. Is it just me or are you unable to simply enter in a url at the top to go to a page without using the http? If i just do WWW... it goes to a Google search instead of the url if I don't have the http in there. Am I missing something? It's wicked annoying.

Thanks guys.

7. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

I'm using Dolphin on 2.2 and I don't have this issue.

Ebc1973, have you tried going into settings -> applications -> manage applications and clearing the data for dolphin?

Certainly couldn't hurt, might help.