Issue with ES File Explorer

1. taomaster99

taomaster99 Active Member

This started after the upgrade to Jelly Bean (I have a Galaxy S2 with Virgin and it's non-rooted), if I go to the external SD folder it shows that there is nothing on it (which scared the crap out of me the first time, lol) but if I go into the stock Android file explorer it sees everything on there. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling but that didn't work, any ideas? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

I think it may require the app developer to update the app for JB.

Just found this on the Play Store under the what's new tab for ES File Explorer.
    taomaster99 and ardchoille like this.
  3. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are in the correct location for the external card? On my Droid Razr HD (using es file explorer on JB) the cards are as follows:

Internal: /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard

External: /mnt/external1
    taomaster99 likes this.
  4. Ssith

Ssith Well-Known Member

the SD card on the Droid Razr Maxx is listed under /mnt/sdcard-ext/
    taomaster99 likes this.
  5. ardchoille

Wowsers, that's quite a difference between the Razr MAXX and the Razr HD.
  6. nancy30

nancy30 Well-Known Member

I have not used ES file explorer but I found this using Google search see if this trick works on your galaxy S2 as well

7. taomaster99

taomaster99 Active Member

Thanks all, actually all your suggestions were correct, lol! By default it starts in sdcard which how it always was and I was able to see the external card in there but after the update it doesn't work anymore but if I click on favorites or go to mnt/external1 (or just go to / then navigate down) I can see it.
    Howard Hopkinson likes this.
  8. ardchoille

I always keep ES File Explorer on "/" as the default opening location.. it's just easier for me.
  9. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Yes, same here mate.

Anyway, I'm glad you got sorted out taomaster99 and thanks for letting us know.